Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Defender build, what base?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Defender build, what base?

Hi guys,

I'm starting to look around for a winter project and fancy building a D90 Defender.

Initially i was looking around for a used SCX10 for i could use that as a start then buy the D90 shell and go from there, after having to pretty much ditch most of the Axial components on my XR10 though i'm not really too confident in Axial's ability to build good strong stock parts.

So i then looked at the Gelande II kit, looks to be good but if anything does fail on it then there is absolutely no chance i'll find any replacement parts locally.

Not really set a limit money wise, it will get used and bashed around though so want something strong and worth the money.

I next started thinking about building a kit from the axles up, problem there is, because i'm not in the states anything that doesn't fit and needs returning is going to bite me in the ass for postage.

So i'm pretty much stuck.
Should i just buy a new SCX10 kit and throw on a defender body when i get bored with the wrangler shell, or is the Gelande kit noticeably better?

Any other options that would be good that i haven't considered?
cbr6fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Defender build, what base? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Defender on MRC base? cbr6fs 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 10-30-2010 06:10 PM
Which Tamiya to base a high speed bushless build off ? TheHeadHunter Non Crawler RC's 7 09-11-2008 10:55 PM
build a clod--Advise needed on wheel base size etc. Wayne S Tamiya Clod Buster 17 04-11-2008 10:55 PM
My first Crawler and Build AX-10 Base CrawlerNOklahom Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 11-16-2007 12:55 PM
savage build: wheel base... ? Rider385 Newbie General 7 01-09-2007 06:30 PM