Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: ToyZuki's CrewZuki

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default ToyZuki's CrewZuki

I need a class 2 and I have 2 bodies that are wide enough but not long enough. So I started chopping and the odd ball dream is starting to take shape.
The goods:
Axial chassis
Axial trans
ToyZuki transfer case
narrow xr10 mod front axle with overs
stock rear axle with unders
ToyZuki 3 link cms
hitec 7955 steering servo
Mamba Max Pro
Holmes 35t
1.9 Pitbulls
Full interior
Drop bed

Been tinkering with it in between other projects and the holidays.
Got the bed extended other than filling the side panels, and its setting on its own chassis now.

New to me VP dirty harry's with 1.9 rock beasts

The beginning of the tool box. There will be a diamond plate lid that hinges to cover the body clips and act as a functional point.

Setting on a new set of shocks that actually have springs lol

Started the poor monkey cms last night. Waiting on my overdrive gears to do the xr10 mod axle before I can finish.

Got the floorboard/sliders done today. Then moved on to the trans/tcase mounting. Started with a case in the center and trying to mount the trans in a location that would keep the motor weight low, hidden, and still have full travel of the suspension.

No matter how many mounts I tried the front driveline would hit the trans and limit suspension unless I lifted it up higher than I wanted it. no sense in moving the weight forward if I'm raising the center of gravity. So I decided to try the Dinky RC way with the stock trans gears as a reduction tcase and the motor attached to a reduction equal to the pinion and stock spur. I used a stock final gear and spool from another trans just like the Dinky RC box uses. To be stock reduction it requires a 10-12 tooth pinion gear against the 52 tooth spool. I used a few stock motor plates, bolted them together and punched a 10mm hole through both. all I had was a 13t pinion so I left room to adjust both ways but mostly in the smaller pinion direction.

Looks like its going to give me the space I need to get the motor weight low (lower than the pics) so I'm going to make a few 1/4 aluminum motor plates that fits between the shock towers like a gcm mount and transfer the holes from my test piece in the proper orientation to drop the motor down so it touches the front axle under full compression. Not sure if I'm going to use spacers for the case or sandwich a block like my tcases. Might try to lay the center gear box down or make a new case for those gears too.

Got my first 4link truss done last night!!

[url=http://s587.photobucket.com/user/toyzuki1/media/crawler/Samurai1/IMG_20140114_224332_866_zpsap0mjxrx.jpg.html][img]http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/toyzuki1/crawler/Samurai1/IMG_20140114_224332_866_zpsap0mjxrx.jpg[/img
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: ToyZuki's CrewZuki

I got the front link mount started last night. Still need to build the beef tube axle and steering before I can drill the panhard hole and shape the big square.

[url=http://s587.photobucket.com/user/toyzuki1/media/crawler/Samurai1/IMG_20140115_223512_145_zps7xv11zkb.jpg.html][img]http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/toyzuki1/crawler/Samurai1/IMG_20140115_223512_145_zps7xv11zkb.jpg[/img

Pulled the front axle out of the old class 2last night to stick it in this build. Beef tubes, xr10 knuckles, c-hubs, and narrowed shafts to keep it narrow enough to be legal.

I have a little clearance issue with the spring cup and my new link mount so I gotta pull it back out and change it a little then figure out how to get a panhard stuffed in there but it's getting closer.
Little late but some updates!
Winch and fairlead

Little body protection

IMG_20140208_201851_148_zpsqlihg3wb.jpg Photo by toyzuki1 | Photobucket

Last night I took a break from my motor mount 2nd job and dropped the bed. Also shaved the lines off the roof and filled the sunroof to get ready for the soft top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyZuki
Laundry list before nationals!
Finish body and paint (almost done)
Build interior
Finish sliders (done)
Change rear 4link truss (screw it)
Figure out why my headlights quit
Tool box lid

And here she is in the snow at 2014 swsc for a 5th place score!! I couldn't be happier!

ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote

ToyZuki's CrewZuki - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ToyZuki's Fabrication Low Center of Gravity Motor Mount ToyZuki Axles, Trannys, T-case 282 04-17-2021 08:10 AM
ToyZuki's Flat Fender ToyZuki 2.2 Scale Rigs 1 04-29-2014 05:25 PM
ToyZuki's Fabrication low center of gravity motor mount ToyZuki Axial SCX-10 9 03-19-2014 07:56 PM