Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: RC4WD hitch for High Lift - Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default RC4WD hitch for High Lift - Question

I asked RC4WD, googled, youtube'd and searched the forums and cannot find the answer.

Here's the link to the RC4WD hitch

The Question I have, is does the hitch system come with just the 3 pieces shown? If you scroll further down the page, there's what appears to be a frame extension that's required, but the parts list on the website just says it comes with front mount, left mount, right mount and screws. If that's all it comes with, it won't work on a high lift because the location the leaf springs are mounted.

Can anyone either post pictures or first hand confirm/deny that the frame extension is included?

I emailed RC4WD also, but I did so on Friday afternoon and don't expect to hear back til Monday or Tuesday.
Bronco Fetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2015, 04:32 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RC4WD hitch for High Lift - Question

Those are the three pieces you get. You then need to choose what drop hitch you want.

Not sure what Extensions you are referring to but the triangle pieces are what bolt to the frame.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Those are the three pieces you get. You then need to choose what drop hitch you want.

Not sure what Extensions you are referring to but the triangle pieces are what bolt to the frame.
I wonder why they advertise it as a High Lift hitch mount and don't mention it requires the truck to be modified. Here's a pic of what the stock high lift looks like. The screw that mounts the brace to the frame lines up with a non-existent hole on the truck, and the nub that is essentially the support would go through the hold where the chassis brace screws in, but the nub is bigger than the M3 hole. What's even worse is.... it completely covers the leaf spring mount hole. That's what I'm getting at, is it's 100% not compatible with a high lift unless you can make your own custom frame extension.

This picture shows leaf springs in the picture (which are mounted in the stock location) and shown with a frame extension that they don't sell and I can't find on their website or anywhere else for that matter. They removed the chassis brace, added a frame extender and 2 more chassis braces.

Last edited by Bronco Fetish; 08-16-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #4

That is part of the Hilux version of the Hi-lift. The F350 didn't have that.

Last edited by dougman51; 08-16-2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Typo
dougman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougman51 View Post
That is part of the Hilux version of the Hi-lift. The F350 didn't have that.
Dougman, you just solved a problem I've been trying to figure out for like 2 weeks. I pulled up the Hilux manual and started scrolling down, and guess what I found.....

Thanks brosef!

RC4WD hitch for High Lift - Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
high lift shackles question maccasvanquish General Scale Talk 1 12-23-2008 04:11 PM
Rc4wd Scale Shocks For A High Lift Question twisted General Scale Talk 4 03-18-2008 11:19 PM
High Lift + RC4WD Bruiser Chassis roborg5000 Newbie General 8 02-04-2008 10:04 PM
High Lift springs from RC4WD Rok_Dok General Scale Talk 10 04-17-2007 01:57 PM
High-Lift wheel question COFFINSHAKER Newbie General 4 12-13-2006 05:41 AM