Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: WE Rock Crawler - 1.9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default WE Rock Crawler - 1.9

A thread was started a while back for this buggy but has since disappeared.

Cliff notes on the back story. I contacted a previous vendor on the board to build a replica of my WE Rock chassis. The deal was made, $$ paid, parts sent and over a YEAR went by. Well the chassis and some other random parts finally showed up on the 24th. (none of my actual parts I sent mind you)

Anyway, I opened up the box and can finally get moving on this project.

bbaxter51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: WE Rock Crawler - 1.9

Still waiting on some axels to replace the ones I originally sent, but those are supposed to be sent back to me today. With this deal, I'll believe it when they're in my hands.

7950 Servo
AE2
BEC
Wraith trans
HH 35t
RC4WD axles.
MIP shafts
Treps
TJ front clip

Old 12-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Here's the my 1:1 buggy for reference. They're both going all black though. Got new sticky treps for the 1:1 too.

Old 12-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Man ,thats a crap start to a project getting dicked around for a year , you have a lot more patience than me. I hope that vendor has gone altogether.
Thats a sweet looking 1:1 , building a "mini me" is always a good project .
northkona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Those black widows are making me dizzy. More pics please!!! have you cracked them open yet? I've been wandering if they're identical to the K44, just with a slightly bigger pumpkin. I can't wait to see this rig finished, that guy needs his face caved in btw
MIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Definitely sucks you got jerked around for so long, but it looks like a good start. Make sure to get some pics with the 1:1 when you get it all finished up.
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Them some nice axles! This should be a super cool build
mcrawlinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:18 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys! It's sucked waiting for so long and the guy is definitely NOT a vendor here anymore since there's a string of similar stories, In fact he doesn't even come around here anymore as far as I know.

The black widow axles are the last piece I've been waiting on, so I don't actually have them in my hands. I'm pretty excited if they do show up, they seem really nice. It'll be a good project to setup a 3 link since I"ve never done that before. Here's one of the last pics that were sent to me when it was being built.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

This was the tip off that something wasn't adding up. Since I'm not on here every day, I didn't notice anything was strange until I got a PM from a guy trying to sell me MY buggy for $500. Turns out it was finished, wheeled, and sold twice before I was even aware anything was wrong! Needless to say when I saw this ad, I had steam coming out of my ears. After an "spirited" conversation with the builder, he assured me everything was cool and he was actually building me a new one and all my parts were safe in his garage.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/wante...-tj-buggy.html
Old 12-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #10
20K Club

Man, that is a really wicked start to the story. If you have a minute, send me a PM with the vendors name just so that we can make sure to handle any situation that may arise in the future. You'd be amazed at how many people have tried to come crawling back a couple years later. I'm also wondering if its the same vendor that screwed me around for 6+ months on a chassis not that long ago.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:29 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Got a tracking number for my black widow axles today! This build might make it off the ground yet!
Old 12-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Glad you are finally starting this. I love rock crawlers / cone dodgers.

Sucks about the year wait. I'm 99% sure who built and tried selling it from out underneath you has real bad karma these days. Seemed to have screwed a lot of people lately...

Looking forward to your build.
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Well the axles FINALLY showed up after countless texts, fb messages, excuses, etc. They're really fancy; missing some things like the upper link brackets and half the screws but they seem to be new, no scratches at all so I'm not sure why they're missing all that hardware but at least I have them now. I emailed rc4wd about the missing brackets to try and buy them again so we'll see on that.

They are narrower than the trex 60's but about the same size overall. I really hope I can make them work in the chassis, they look really cool.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

wow! kudos for sticking it out man! i wouldnt have the will power! that much of a loss can definitely discourage a person from rc crawling at all. cant wait to see the mini me.
puffntough760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

They look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! you can probably just bend your own 3rd link mount out of aluminum, wouldn't be hard to replicate what they had on there.

Can you do me a huge favor and take a picture of the guts?
MIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I like these builds....

Put these axles underneath and you have my attention for sure....they are beautiful axles. Even in their somewhat depleted state. Hopefully RC4wd can help.

I can only wonder what tactics you employed to get them back after a year. Maybe you could share that detail?
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I emailed RC4WD and they had me send them pictures of the missing brackets I was looking for so I'm hopeful they can sell me some.

Here's the axles taken apart, they're impressive.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I like these builds....

I can only wonder what tactics you employed to get them back after a year. Maybe you could share that detail?
After the year mark and while he was still responding to me, I tried the "more flies with honey" technique. Once that was getting me nothing but excuses I gave him a drop dead date. I wanted my stuff back or cash. He told me someone had broken into his house and stole all the rc stuff and he was trying to replace it all which is what's really taking all this time. I'm actually surprised to see anything back honestly. I ended up with a bunch of used parts in place of my new stuff and missing a set of wheels and tires but all in all I'm just happy to be done with that deal. From what he's telling me he's got guys sending the police to his house and work, harassing his parents, etc. Just dumb really, punk kid shit if you ask me.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Me and a couple buddies are RC hoarders. Planes, heli's, crawlers, bashers, you name it. I love it all. The good part (my wife might disagree) is that I found a ton of cool shit digging around the Crawler shop room this afternoon. FREE PARTS!!

HH 35t hand wound motor.
new BRXL I bought when they were on sale for $69.
7950 servo.
another set of 60 axles and scx10 trans I forgot about.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaxter51 View Post
After the year mark and while he was still responding to me, I tried the "more flies with honey" technique. Once that was getting me nothing but excuses I gave him a drop dead date. I wanted my stuff back or cash. He told me someone had broken into his house and stole all the rc stuff and he was trying to replace it all which is what's really taking all this time. I'm actually surprised to see anything back honestly. I ended up with a bunch of used parts in place of my new stuff and missing a set of wheels and tires but all in all I'm just happy to be done with that deal. From what he's telling me he's got guys sending the police to his house and work, harassing his parents, etc. Just dumb really, punk kid shit if you ask me.
Karma can be a biotch sometimes....glad he's getting the heat
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote

WE Rock Crawler - 1.9 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduction to rock crawling and my Mini Rock Crawler (Lots of pics) Demodude Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 16 02-01-2013 08:14 PM
Micro Rock Crawler 2 Mini Rock Crawler? netsurfr Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 02-03-2011 11:11 AM
Kyosho Rock Force or Losi Mini Rock Crawler? YSL General Crawlers 22 06-06-2009 09:59 PM
Getting ready to get my first Rock Crawler, which one, the Rock Force or Axial AX10? ragfire10 Newbie General 11 03-04-2009 06:02 PM