Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Silverado plow truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #1

Default Silverado plow truck

Started this truck a long time ago and now just getting back to finishing it.
I'm not going to write down everything I've done to date but, as of now it has yota II axles, a very large 18v motor, summit speed trans and rc4wd shocks. Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Oh, and no need to knock the older welds... I know they're terrible. Was working with a incredibly under-powered unit, gt that problem fixed now.

K.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2017, 03:27 PM   #2

Little more progress today. Axle links and axle mounts are done. The panhard bar and mounts are done. I got the motor mounted so far. I'll still have to brace is more, the torque will twist it right out of shape.

Here is how it is sitting so far. Still have to make bumpers, floor pans, gas tank for the receivers, finish building the plow mount.... and so on.

not too much to much of an update. Got the steering buttoned up, everything moves pretty smoothly. Threw some 2.2's on he rear last night.... they aint gonna fit lol definitely will need more lift if I ever decide to go bigger.

Last edited by THX_138; 03-26-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #3

Getting closer to being finished everyday. Hopefully I'm done in time for the spring crawl. I have 90mm rc4wd shocks in the front, the damn rod ends keep crapping out. The bras coupling in them keeps popping out. Also, the weight of the motor and truck and what not, single front socks weren't cutting it. I've made new front shocks mounts, that aren't welded to the frame, as well as it is now running dual front shocks.
I have the box mounted finally. I added cross braces on the bottom, made of styrene and drilled 4 mount holes (much like on a real pickup).
The cab will be mounted kind of similar to how drooz2 mounted his. It will be screwed to the frame on the back of the cab and I'll have a slip mount type setup holding the front of the cab down.
The rear drive shaft has finally been made. I took an old punisher shaft, cut it to length. I cut one end of the yoke off and forced the pins into a traxxas summit yoke. It was not easy at all, there's almost no flex in the traxxas yoke. It's the only set up I could come up with seeing how as the summit trans has a 7mm output shaft where as everything else uses a 5mm.

in the last picture, the rear left shock, you can kind of see the issue Im having with these shocks. the bottom rod end, the crimped brass fittings keep popping out every time I tighten them. I'm not over tightening nor are the being pulled on an obscure angle. I emailed rc4wd about it, with no reply yet. Anyone have an ideas why this is happening, or had the same issue?

Last edited by THX_138; 03-26-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #4

Default Re: Silverado plow truck

I'm pretty well done this truck, finally... short of casting copies, building bumpers, rebuilding the plow, making a salter, getting a front driveshaft.... everything else is pretty well done.
I finally have the cab mounted, securely, along with the box, I also made an electronics box. It's not spot on, nor the prettiest, but it gets the job done. I originally wanted to replicate the actualgas tank of a silverado to put the electronics in, but there just isn't enough room for it. So I made a gas tank...ish styled electronics box. It tucks up pretty tight to the frame and barely hangs below the body. All I'll have to do is paint it and make gaskets so it will be water tight.
I have a new set of matching tires coming in soon and the shift linkages. All I really have left is to get an esc. Was thinking of just getting a cheap one just so I can get this tihng running, decided to actually put money aside and get a good one. Soon enough I'll be ordering a Holmes Hobbies esc. I have front inner fender wells made, just have yet to install them.

Next step will be something I have absolutely no experience in, resin casting. Having copies of all the body parts will be a great idea, I see a lot of them getting broken. Plus, once this truck is done, I have plans for a truggy already.

Silverado plow truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
79 ford plow truck sloppy 1.5 Scale Rigs 35 11-11-2012 07:55 PM
Just another plow truck... cogfounder 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 01-04-2012 07:18 PM
4wheeler with plow or plow for truck thumper68 Chit Chat 11 10-17-2010 07:18 PM
R/C plow truck xjman Chit Chat 12 12-03-2006 04:25 PM
My Nylint Plow Truck Mike-63 General Crawlers 33 11-02-2006 11:02 AM