Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: GCM J2 Skeleton chassis length?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GCM J2 Skeleton chassis length?

Would someone with a GCM J2 Skeleton chassis be willing to provide its total length, from frame rail end to frame rail end?
I'm trying to determine if it will fit under my Radio Shack Jeep Icon Concept hard body, which has the same wheelbase as the China 2 dr Jeep JK. The Radio Shack Jeep, unfortunately, is shorter in overall length, so it won't fit on my Gelande II chassis, as the frame rails protrude out from under it. Looks like, if the GCM J2 doesn't cut it, my last resort will be either a CC-01, MST CFX, or even a Traxxas Telluride. After all, the 1:1 Jeep Icon Concept had IFS.
The GCM J2 Skeleton Ultimate kit would still be great, because I happen to have an extra SCX10 transmission and axles to use with it. Heck, maybe I should just get a China Jeep JK anyways.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GCM J2 Skeleton chassis length?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
Would someone with a GCM J2 Skeleton chassis be willing to provide its total length, from frame rail end to frame rail end?
I'm trying to determine if it will fit under my Radio Shack Jeep Icon Concept hard body, which has the same wheelbase as the China 2 dr Jeep JK. The Radio Shack Jeep, unfortunately, is shorter in overall length, so it won't fit on my Gelande II chassis, as the frame rails protrude out from under it. Looks like, if the GCM J2 doesn't cut it, my last resort will be either a CC-01, MST CFX, or even a Traxxas Telluride. After all, the 1:1 Jeep Icon Concept had IFS.
The GCM J2 Skeleton Ultimate kit would still be great, because I happen to have an extra SCX10 transmission and axles to use with it. Heck, maybe I should just get a China Jeep JK anyways.

I just measured mine at 16" I'm sure you could trim the rails if need be...
1tonblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GCM J2 Skeleton chassis length?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tonblazer View Post
I just measured mine at 16" I'm sure you could trim the rails if need be...
Yeah, they're the same length as the Gelande II frame rails. Thanks for measuring them!
Well, late last night, I found an army green Jeep JK hard body, and went ahead and bought it, because they're aren't as many of them.
Kinda hard to justify a J2 chassis when I've got two G2's, with the same wheelbase, so I think I'll just wait and swap out the Jeep body when I'm ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote