Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My Hobao DC1 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #1

Default My Hobao DC1 build

Recently I got the urge to get my self a crawler/trail truck to mess about in the woods behind my house . I already have a 1/8 truggy to bash with and wanted something a bit more sedate to entertain me and the kids.

I spent a while deciding what I wanted and very nearly got a trx4 but then I stumbled on this kit which seemed really affordable and well specced for the cash. I really wanted to build a kit so this seemed perfect (I think rtr takes some of the fun away) I love building stuff , years ago I trained as a modelmaker .

Anyway I ordered the parts I needed 35t motor , hobbywing 1080, power hd 20kg servo , some beadlocks and an etronix et2008 micro servo and got building. It was a great kit to build and paint , went together really well the only issue I found was I needed to add a small amount of washers to the pan hard rod as it seemed a little short.i also added some wieght low down in the bumper to try and counteract the spare tyre a little.

It took me a couple of weeks to build, paint and fit the lights while juggling the kids and work and now it's finished .I've taken it for a few trips out and I absolutely love it. its my first experience of crawling and I didn't expect it to be as addictive as this . Its such a great truck for the muddy rooty terrian I have locally and it's been a really great bonding tool with my youngest boy. He's loving coming for walks in the woods with daddy.

I may fit an aftermarket metal bumper soon and I'm sure I will mod and change the truck alot over time as its in my nature but here's some photos of how it is currently , hope you like it.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Theraggyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

My Hobao DC1 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soze's HoBao DC1 Kit Build soze 1.9 Scale Rigs 103 09-10-2021 12:04 PM
Humpty Dumpty (Hobao DC-1) Joonatin 1.9 Scale Rigs 24 02-25-2019 08:23 AM
HoBao DC-1 seedburns General Scale Talk 7 01-29-2018 06:39 PM