Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Dumpster fire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Dumpster fire

After I wrapped up my 1.9 Forward Control Land Rover truck, I decided that it was way to pretty to ever see the light of day so I started on this Hilux.

I started off with a hilux body with some chinese 1.9 beadlocks, RC4wd tractor tires, a stampede transmission with a 55 turn lathe motor and some other randomness. I bobbed the bed on it and originally had it painted bright yellow with some russian oil company hand painted on the side with a bed cage. I was running a chassis mounted servo with OG scx10 axles with aluminum bits and whatnot.

Well it sucked at everything so I pinched the nose, bobbed the bed even more, shortened the wheelbase, dovetailed it, and made some bumpers as well as gave it a new paint job.

Still sucked, so I made a bed for it.

That bed was too heavy so I pulled it off and made a styrene flat bed for it, that fell apart at an event. No pics, sorry guys.

I snapped one day. I pulled the OG scx10 axles out and theyre now sitting in my bucket of misfit toys. I had a roller of a monster truck that I ripped apart and stuffed the AR60s underneath it. Obviously bigger axles means bigger tires. I got a set of the HGPwhatever wheels and tires off Asiatees for $20, and stuck the wheels on a set of proline bogger XLs. I cut the end of the frame off and made a tube chassis for it in about 20 minutes on my lunch break at work. Zapped it all together with a MIG, smacked it with a grinder, and called it good.

I made another bumper for it, 3d printed a grille with lights and a wonderful phrase on it, wired in my 1/4 scale servo winch, got it a HH revolver, a castle ESC, and futaba radio gear. Ive added some new steering links, beef tubes, heavy brass knuckles, and some other little bits and pieces to it. Its getting too cold to head out, so I may redo the truggy cage so its actually square
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2020, 01:44 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Dumpster fire

Took it out today with my buddys capra.

Finally killed the front end plastic. Cut it off, squared it up (kinda) and Im gonna tube the front end tomorrow after work. If the cab breaks again im gonna just make a buggy out of it with the hard body chunks for body panels.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:44 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

You just can't beat a rig that refuses to die.
addiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Need to make a hood for it and fix the rear axle.
Old 12-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #5
Slow is the new Fast

It’s not often that something gets more beautiful as it gets uglier

Your rig is living the life...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

rattle can man

Dumpster fire - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Venduro X4.2 Dumpster fire build HumboldtEF 1.9 Scale Rigs 34 08-24-2020 02:13 PM
Table Saw Dumpster and vertical compressor Compdoggie New Products and Great Deals 0 10-14-2019 05:41 PM