Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Rebuilding 'The Loaner'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2023, 04:29 PM   #1

Default Rebuilding 'The Loaner'

Another day, another project. I stole the body off my "loaner" Element Enduro for my comp truck (an already very well loved Proline Comanche), so now I'm in the process of mount this old Jconcepts F250 Tucked body to it because thats what I have laying around.

Sounds simple, right? Yep. It should have been, but is anything? Ever? I wanted to keep the wide bumper and skidplate up front, but the magnets werent in the right place. Body was almost 2cm too far back. Not only that, but some asshole (sources say he looked a lot like me) had added a little bit of length to the front links (long story, but 12.5 wheelbase instead of 12.3) so both tires clipped the bumper that I so desperately want to keep. I think it looks cool and I've got the perfect LEDs to put in the buckets already, and thats as good a reason as any.

My solution was to move the skid and transmission backwards one hole (about a 1cm) on the rails. This dragged the axles backwards enough for the tires to clear the bumper without hate-****ing the driveshaft angle at the transmission. It ALSO moved the lower shock mounts backwards, which although great in the rear really isnt ideal in the front at all. The shocked looked like this: \-----\ Awesome. TO TINKERCAD! After much dicking around, I managed to put together a shock tower that would move the shock point back as far as I could up front without interfering with my battery tray and also hold the magnet mounts. I cant even post it to thingiverse since I used body post mounts from a paid file. But the post mounts hold the magnet mounts in the right spot, so who cares if I can share it? It'll work for me.

With the magnets holding it in the right spot, I punched some holes for the rear posts to come through. Put the body on to fit it and realized, "Oh shit. Now the damn spur gear is hitting the body! WHY? Oh, cause you moved it backwards and moved the body forwards. You shot yourself in the foot, dummy"

I refuse to go backwards, so I can either print a laydown transmission skid/mount or I can cut a hole in the truck bed where the spur is rubbing and print a cooler to cover it. I'm printing the skid now, but I've already remixed a cooler in tinkercad just in case.

This whole project was just supposed to be a quick new body!
ardinmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Rebuilding 'The Loaner' - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Loaner sporty convictcrawlers Axial Wraith 22 08-30-2020 02:14 PM
Loaner rig Wallosflooring Newbie General 10 02-14-2017 08:57 PM
Loaner truck build Chris_The_Battery_Man 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 11-26-2015 11:17 PM
Loaner Komodo DrDaNkEnStInE 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 03-07-2011 03:24 AM
New to RC crawling, getting a loaner BroncoAZ Newbie General 9 01-17-2010 11:33 PM