Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: slow 1.9 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default slow 1.9 build

I've wanted for quite a while now to build up a 1.9 scaler, but havn't been able to decide on the axles. I was told that tammies had TLT kits in stock, and they had a TON!. There must have been 20-30 kits left when I got mine. Anyways, I'm wanting to do either a f-350 truggy or a nissan Xterra, if i can find a body. I'm planing on a custom chassis, milled out of 1/4" alluminum. Leafed front, 4-link rear. For the tranny i was thinking about running a motor w/ gear reduction at the front, and a T-case in the middle. I'm looking for advice on how much gear reduction to run at the motor and what use for the t-case. Also, what wheels + tires do you normally use on 1.9 builds? Below is a pic of the chassis done in sketchup. Looking for feedback on it.

sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #2
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

you wont have any shackle movement if you keep your front that steep. that arc is pretty tall too. i think the belly is too low or the peaks are too high. show where the leafs will mount up. i dont know the measurements off hand, but it appears that your chassis will hit the shackle at ride height.

heres mine(shameless plug) see how with no weight on the chassis the shackle is angled with the spring, however with all the weight on the chassis, the shackles are at about perfectly straight up. allowing the most flex on the comression and the most on droop.

Last edited by obijuan; 04-16-2007 at 07:47 PM.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Leaf is the blue line, shackle is represented by the verticle line on the left of the shackle. Shackle is .75"

And yeah, i do understand shackle angles, at least to the point where i know i need them verticle. In mine, I'm planing on running the shackle pointing foreward, in the digram, left.

could you get me uncompressed dimensions on your leafs? They look taller than the diaz ones I drew in.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Sorry for the double post, but I've finished the drawing for v1 of my chassis. Front is the left, shackle is on the front.

I've also figured out the body. It's going to be a f-350 hard body, with the bed and hood chopped off, full exo cage. like in http://www.250productions.com/ToughTruck.mpg video. The black one.