Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Clod, blackfoot, jero.... mutiple truck thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Clod, blackfoot, jero.... mutiple truck thread

Thought i would post up over here, dont post much, mainly read, so i thought i would make myself apart of rccrawler for a change...

Decided to combine these three trucks into one thread, makes it easier and less cluttered... I have been working on these for the meet in georgia, altho it turns out that fate does not want me to go, but thats not for sure yet... What is for sure, is my new rigs... :nice:
First ill start with the clod based rig. Its a xc chassis, 55 turn, traxas esc, locked. Il have to get some body off pics to show just how its set up on the chassis tho. Tell me what you think, i like the partial roll bar, but i need to find something to do about the bumper...

sorry about the brite pic, im learning flash to sun light.. lol..
Now on to my new jero body, as some of you remember, i cut up a couple of old bodys, so i figured i needed to get me a stocker back, and i did. Its all stock, except for the duratrax esc, and the put together radio... Not much to see here, thats about as fancy as its gettin...

Now for the last one of the day, and the one im liking the most right now. A king blackfoot body on an xc chassis, just so you know, all you need is the body, it uses the stock short wheelbase set up, easy as pie... ^_^ I think the wheels match it dead on, and i like my bogger rear, swamper front tire combo. One question, should i keep the roll bar or ditch it? I kinda like it, but im not sure... What do yall think? Im still working on mounting the body, and i need to buy another motor mount, and figure out why the gear box is jamin up, but its commin along.. youll see... wont be long now... :nice:

And to think i thought i had enough xc's... :crazy: haha...
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

i have some clodbuster chrome parts is your interested, and i say ditch the rollbar for the ferd. also paint that clod body something else.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 AM   #3
MWRCA'er

Not saying this to knock your builds but the colors are fruity. Makes me hungry for taffy or something.

Lot's of xc's, I like the Clod bodied one and the Ford courier the best so far. I really like the chained spare. The MT/r's look good, glad to see someone using those. The trucks really need more then off the shelf parts though to make them pop.

If your looking for a rollbar for the Courier the Traxxas sledgehammer one is a perfect fit. Maybe, the bumpers that come with it might be good for one of your trucks.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJH46&P=X

I was using savage bumpers, irrigation tube for flares, and that rollbar.

Last edited by Mnster; 05-31-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

thanks for the imput. the clod should be painted another color, but im not a good painter, so my boddies usually stay the color i get em in, but i might play with it later. after starin at the ford for a while, i too have decided the roll bar is a bit much, out of porportion as well. also thanks for the link to the roll bar, the blue courier is my main runner and i have been looking for something to help it stand out. and i need something to chain a spare too... lol..
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote