Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: got her started

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default got her started

finaly got a chance and got one of my projects iwant to do started .... its not the prettiest but its not bad. i wanted to do one to learn on before i make the next one the one i plan to spend some deacent cash on .. anyway here is a few snaps of it.... and please give me your critisim (spelling class right??? HA)

i think the front A thing needs to be pulled in a bit on top .. i think it will hang me up the way it is now. and i know its only taped together its jest to keep its shape till i get it all figgureded out.
redneck909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

looking good so far for a scotch tape tuber.
500swmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500swmag View Post
looking good so far for a scotch tape tuber.
haha yeah first time build plus no idea what im doing i had to stick it together to see what it would look like and its too cold in my garage to work!!!! what would you do
Old 02-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

put a coat on, and some gloves, and if your going to be using a torch, warm your self up (i freeze in my shop when i work). also i think that the back needs some rods going to the top and/or bottom. escpecially if your going to have it open in the back. last thing, if your going to braze/weld in a cold temp. watch out for warping, i tried making a bumper for a bruiser and butchered it in the cold , looks good, fits together good for a first build (my first bends and things with tubes were awful).
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

ok so i got the body started ... i never liked how i had the front bumper thing done so i didnt weld it so i have more planing to do and i got soem sort of back thing on it now too only took 2 pics cause the welds are still rough.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

now you're talking, looks like a damn good start
Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
now you're talking, looks like a damn good start
thats the most motavative thing i ever heard LOL hers a few more with the front done ... i think

i was thinking i might need to put some things under the back on the bottom somthing like on the top .. other then that i need axles!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:39 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

are you tying this to a "standard" type square rail frame, or is this a "full" tube frame? If its the latter, I think you better do some research. You're gonna need a few more tie-ins to the main hoop. there are some amazing tubers look around for some ideas (i'm sure you have some what already)

here's a few
Post Your Tube Chassis Here
Old 02-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
are you tying this to a "standard" type square rail frame, or is this a "full" tube frame? If its the latter, I think you better do some research. You're gonna need a few more tie-ins to the main hoop. there are some amazing tubers look around for some ideas (i'm sure you have some what already)

here's a few
Post Your Tube Chassis Here
its going to be all tube and yeah i forgot about some tie ins when i was out in the garage but i was between plowing and welding so things sliped my mind . i also got some thing else bent up to go on the under side of the back. if you can think of anthing else let me know ...also i was wondering what trannys do i have a choice to use??? ... im not familar with the gearing in them.. and roughly what should my wheel base be (i was thinking around 11" for a 16" frame ???
Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

jest a few more after bracing bit more and i think its now almost ready to be painted .. needs some grinding and maybea few more things threw on
Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

update .. started painting becase i was bored waiting for axles to come in the mail so heres what i did...

and of course a tow rope

the body isnt finished so dont eat me andi dont plan on making it a show rig like some of yors guys looks like ... i like bashing the stuff ot of them