Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project Bog Hog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Project Bog Hog

well guys i am going to be building a fully-exocaged mudder blazer. this is where i am gettting the inspiration from but the truck wont be exactly the same as the one in the picture.

Heres what i have so far for the build

body and paint(still need to get some white paint though)

new rims(just gotta take the old ones off and paint the new ones black)

and the rest of the stuff

i will be working on re-painting and glueing and un glueing the rims and working on makeing the chassis today, but i have one question, are the top links longer that the lower link or are they the same or are they smaller...?
-Wes
johndeerekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i have my chassis design ready. this is the mock-up, im made it to make sure everything fits and everything does. i will be working on makeing the real one some time today. pics-

the chaasis it 14in long, 26.in tall, 4in wide, and the tranny holder/skid plate is 3.5in long. -Wes
Old 07-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

looks good.
Georgerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

how about some swamp dawgs to top it off?
zukmeista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

thanks, and yeah i definitally gettting either swamp dawgs or mud slinger but the mashers will do for now. -Wes
Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Hey JDK looks like your off to a good start!!! (it's nance from BYT)!! BTW any updates??
countryboy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Cool build, but why do I read "Boss Hog" everytime I read the title??
Tobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

thanks nance, and sadly no theres no updates. i haven been able to work on the truck bcuz my cousins have been down. but they left yesterday so i will be gettign alot of stuff done soon. thanks tobit and i dont know i got the name from my dads old mud bog trucks, the were all called bog hog. -Wes
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Dukes of Hazzard baby!!!!! :-P lol. jk. BTW JDK I gotta try and get the stuff to start mine!! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
Cool build, but why do I read "Boss Hog" everytime I read the title??
Old 07-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

well sorry it took me so long to update the thread but i had my cousins down and they live 6 hrs away so i had to hang out with them. so anyway i got some stuff done-

got the chassis all finished. i tried to use plexi glass as the crossmembers but it didnt work so i used cutting board(thanks NickRummy and Maxx4x4 for the idea). i will be painting it th same colour as the rims soon-

i also got the rims painted. i am still deciding whether or not to buy new tires or unglue the old ones(for the fourth time)-

i got the body painted and will be cutting it out later today. i will also probably make the links for the chassis too. -Wes
Old 07-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

well i got alot of work done on the chassis. i got everything mounted, and ready to go. i would have tested it but i dont have long enough drive shafts and im fgoing to my cottage tommorow so i cant work on it, so that means this will be my last updat until next sunday.
also if anyone has any tips or help for the 4link pleae post it because i dont know if i did it all right. this is definitaly not how the truck is staying i still have alot more bugs to work out like where to mount the servo(it isint going to work on the axle) helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

My waterproof box(sticker will be taken off..... sooner or later)

i also got some new mashers today. they are my fav tires. but they wont be permanent when i get some money i will get some real mudding tires

i got the body painted and trimmed. all i need to do is put the stickers on and cut off the cap(which is why i just painted it blue)

-Wes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #12

Looks like it is coming along nicely, and I like the color on the body. What did you paint the wheels with? They turned out pretty good too.
cowboy63645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #13

leave the sticker on; it adds character.....
akxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Looks good JDK!!! You shoulda did a mock-up pic with the tires and body!!! Either way it's all good!!! To get it lower put the shocks more inward (as far as you like) and you can also run a little droop or full droop!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

cowboy- thanks!. i painted them with black acrylic gloss paint.

im choppin the top. and this is what im using for the bed-

its an organizer drawrer that i bought at a local hardware store. its cheap and it pretty much fits right in. i got the idea from another guy on RCC. i also got all of the stickers on the body.

somebody wanted to see some pics with the tires on and the truck mocked up so here ya go. thats how it is now.(height wise)

heres what its going to look like after i move the shocks up, and lower it a bit.

its not going to looks a whole lot different but i think it looks better. i am also re-thinking the position of the battery and electronics. i and probably going to move the servo onto the frame for better articulation and looks, i will be getting a smaller waterproof box for the esc and reciever and will be puting it in the back and probably get a lottle waterproof box for the battery and mount it at the front and make a link from the esc to the batt. that way with the batt at the front it will not flip very easily going up inclines. i have been having a bit of trouble witht the suspension though. the springs are too soft, they have no bounce back at all. if that ok or should i get some beter springs, and if so any reccomendations would be great. thanks -Wes
Old 08-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

well i finally got this sucker to a roller. i got the shock towers on it, i got the bed cut and ready, i got the servo mounted and working and i got the body mounted, and i got the front bumper made but i havent mounted it yet. it looks pretty awsome so far. i did get to take it out for a few minutes but that tmiya stock can is junk and way overgeared but i had no pinions that wold for except for one and its like 18T. i will probably be getting a 27T monster motor from josh the 2nd but im still a little undesided. anyway the truck worked great no flaughs it went over rocks like nothing but i have to get some velcro so i can get the body to stay on. and no thats not the permanent place for the electronics i just wanted to make sure everything worked before i kept going. i should be starting on the cage as soon as i get some velcro. okay onto some pics-

this is what it looked like last night-

this is what it looked like after the servo, body mount, and electronics were installed-

this is what the bumper looks like-

enjoy! comments are welcome. -Wes
Old 08-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #17

Looks good man. Been missing you on RCR.
suzuki_yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
RCC Addict

looks awsome, now go and get it dirty. Please.
rocpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki_yota View Post
Looks good man. Been missing you on RCR.
thanks. RCR? (sry im on so many sites i dont know what RCRstands for) thanks, and this thing will be more than dirty very soon -Wes
Old 08-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #20

Ready to see her dirty. She looks nice clean but everything looks better beat up and dirty.

Rcrally.
suzuki_yota is offline   Reply With Quote