Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: New Shots of the J/K

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New Shots of the J/K

I got this way back when they first came out so its been around the block a few times. It has seen plenty of evolution and has seen its fair share of new axle parts and carnage. I think this will be the final evolution of this rig. I just dont have the time or energy to maintain a one-off rig. Every time you break something it has to be rebuilt. The first two chassis I made ended up bent but I think its because they were bolted together. This one is brazed, and I chucked it against the garage wall for a preliminary strength test. Which is one reason why i'm posting up some new pics of this rig in its current state. I'm considering letting her go. I'd like to get enough for the roller to buy a Honcho so I could have something equal in size and performance to the used SCX-10 I bought the g/f. So what do you guys think of the rig and how much do you think it could be worth in its present state? It would come with both sets of tires. I have the headlights and taillights to go back on the body but no mirrors. Also have front and rear windows. Rear top is now permanent to give some strength back to the body after cutting it up to extend the wheelbase and make room for the Crushers to tuck. If I do anything else to it, it would be to strip it down and smooth the body out and give it a couple coats of flat olive drab green.

Specs:
New Bright Jeep J/K
Custom Roof Rack
Homemade 1/2" steel frame brazed together with Stinger Bumper and Solid Tube Fenders
TLT Axles w/ Stainless Axle C's, Aluminum Knuckles, Rear Square Lock-Outs, Blackfoot Axle Ends, JB Weld Locked, Homemade Axle Trusses
Stampede Tranny also JB Weld locked and metal idler gear
Metal Stampede Axle Knuckles and Shafts
Pro-Line 2.2 Beadlocks weighted fronts
Pro-Line 2.2 Flat Irons
RC4WD 2.2 Rock Crushers
Adjustable Shocks unknown brand internally limited

Pics:

maxxa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

great looking jeep