Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: trail finder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default trail finder

heres my new trail finder so far i need to get electronics and some nicer wheels and tires for it let me know what you guy think i should use in it thanks for looking

harokingxpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
RCC Addict

How do you like the trailfinder chassis? I was thinking about a leaf sprung one for a scale 1945 MB Willys build. I have a high lift chassis and axles I was going to use, but not sure I can get the suspension down low enough for a true scale build.

As far as electronics, depends on what your going for, if it is a Tough Truck build, which is what it looks like with the Clod body, you would want to go water proof, can't beat the Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster BR-XL waterproof ESC and a HH 35T Sport, Good wheel speed and on 3S should be able to throw some mud. A VXL would also be a good choice for the mud. I ran a Novak 18.5 system in my SCX10 and it was a climbing fool on 1.9 TSLs. I have the Goat 3S with an 18.5 motor in an SCX10 with a Summit 2 speed tranny and it is a monster for both speed and crawler, but I am pulling the Summit 2 speed and putting it in a custom tuber rock racer. Putting the SCX10 tranny back in it and I will see how it does with 2.2s and the goat system.

SO here is my opinion:

-HH Torquemaster BR-XL ESC
-HH 35t Sport motor
-Hitec HS 5645 is your running 1.9s or HS 7954 if your on 2.2s (will work on 1.9s if you have the bucks)

or

-Novak Goat 3S
-Novak 18.5t
-Hitec HS 5645 is your running 1.9s or HS 7954 if your on 2.2s (will work on 1.9s if you have the bucks)

Last edited by neillarson; 11-17-2010 at 08:09 PM.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote