Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

View Poll Results: Select your Wishes
individual Transfer case with selectable 4WD or 2wd front/Rear Free 7 29.17%
individual Transfer case with selectable 4WD or 2wd front with rear lock 5 20.83%
Compact quality 2 speed transmission and a Seletable Transfer case 13 54.17%
Just want a quality Efficient 2 speed tranny 5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Who offers Transfer cases ? Time for real scale Drivetrains !!! Post YOUR VOTE !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Lightbulb Who offers Transfer cases ? Time for real scale Drivetrains !!! Post YOUR VOTE !!

You call them scalers and yet they are stuck in one slow gear and no 2wd/4wd selection ! !
What's SCALE about that. Time to Anti up and build new tranny's and Tranfers cases !

Scalers are really growing and there is a great market for small detailed scale items. I see it difficult to get a full Interior with all the drivetrain issues though.

What vendors offer transfer cases ?
1. Eritex
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. rc4wd

I'm looking for specs (how many gears & inside design, measurements) on scale Transfer cases.

Looking to vendors that have or willing to make a selectable Transfer case that allows Front drive with free rear and servo activated 4wd . Or Front drive with rear lock with selectable 4wd.
If none I'm going to make my own.

Here's what I think should be made available. A Small compact Transmission that has 2 Speeds and still fit it to the Motor inside a plastic scale engine then run a shaft to a compact selectable 2wd front/4wd scale looking transfer case. This would allow Great scale design and give us a greater opportunity to have a full interior.

What do you say ?

THIS WOULD BE THE BOMB !
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The biggest issue with smaller t-cases is strength and durability, making stuff small is easy, making it durable is the difficult part, look at the size of a Summit 2 speed, they are huge, and they are strong, make it half the size and it's not likely to hold up to the power guys are pushing through the things. Changing gears means more moving parts, more to go wrong, not saying it can't be done, just saying it's not as easy.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
www.team3sixrc.com

Its already in the works. This has been discussed 3 times in the past month.

BTW, Generis makes a 1:1 case.
CadtoChrome makes a 2WD to 4WD case and I believe he is taking orders on those now.
But there will be a 2 speed case coming maybe in about 4-6 months from now.
And no I cant tell you by who. I'm sorry.

Oh and if your just wanting front wheel drive with free wheel rear and then 4WD. Then they have something! Its called a DIG but I bet you knew that. Not being a smart ass, just saying is all.

Last edited by team3six; 12-11-2010 at 11:42 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VRYNG View Post
The biggest issue with smaller t-cases is strength and durability, making stuff small is easy, making it durable is the difficult part, look at the size of a Summit 2 speed, they are huge, and they are strong, make it half the size and it's not likely to hold up to the power guys are pushing through the things. Changing gears means more moving parts, more to go wrong, not saying it can't be done, just saying it's not as easy.
I totally agree. Making it isn't a problem for a manufacture, it's making small enough to be durable to handle the possibility of brushless on 6S.

If you truely plan on making one. I strongly suggest taking a 1:1 manual tranny & t-case apart, if you've never done it. It may be a great learning experience. In fact I have one of each in the garage we can do it with.

I've been trying to make my RC's scale since my first Blackfoot in 1987(I think). We've used parts from 4-5 different RC's to make one rig. We've modded rims to be beadlocks, and ballon tires more. We've cut & shut tires to make 1.9's. Taken 20 year old Bruisers to make current trends in 1:1. Through all this I've learned I'll never have it all in one rig. Which I think just isn't possible with what we have access to. We'll never have a really scale rig with dual cases and a 6 speed tranny, selectable lockers and valve stems on our rims, that performs like a MOA comp rig. It's just not going to happen. Scalers to me are about give and take. I'll give up some performance to have nice looking bumpers that hang me up sometimes. I'll sacrifice some realism to have shocks that don't have any stiction. I'll put up with poor steering to drive it now instead of a year later from designing and machine a working selectable locker that only breaks every time out.

Sorry to be a downer, but I love driving these things too much to not be able to wheel. Just my 2 cents after a long day of driving in foggy weather. Time to get some sleep.

Oh and if Gerame at Eritex builds a 2 speed tranny with a divorced selectable t-case I'll buy it as long as it fits under the body somehow.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

An easy solution for a small 2 speed would be to make a case to house the shifting internals of the summit trans. I think I may make one to try out, you could easily incorporate it into a t-case but it wouldnt be as small as the tcases that are out there now.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
I totally agree. Making it isn't a problem for a manufacture, it's making small enough to be durable to handle the possibility of brushless on 6S.

If you truely plan on making one. I strongly suggest taking a 1:1 manual tranny & t-case apart, if you've never done it. It may be a great learning experience. In fact I have one of each in the garage we can do it with.

I've been trying to make my RC's scale since my first Blackfoot in 1987(I think). We've used parts from 4-5 different RC's to make one rig. We've modded rims to be beadlocks, and ballon tires more. We've cut & shut tires to make 1.9's. Taken 20 year old Bruisers to make current trends in 1:1. Through all this I've learned I'll never have it all in one rig. Which I think just isn't possible with what we have access to. We'll never have a really scale rig with dual cases and a 6 speed tranny, selectable lockers and valve stems on our rims, that performs like a MOA comp rig. It's just not going to happen. Scalers to me are about give and take. I'll give up some performance to have nice looking bumpers that hang me up sometimes. I'll sacrifice some realism to have shocks that don't have any stiction. I'll put up with poor steering to drive it now instead of a year later from designing and machine a working selectable locker that only breaks every time out.

Sorry to be a downer, but I love driving these things too much to not be able to wheel. Just my 2 cents after a long day of driving in foggy weather. Time to get some sleep.

Oh and if Gerame at Eritex builds a 2 speed tranny with a divorced selectable t-case I'll buy it as long as it fits under the body somehow.

X2 ...

Also, 90% of the hobby is figuring out how to build and make stuff work on your own. Not being a newbie and begging various manufactures to make shit for you.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I have converted a LCC tranny to a x-fer case works awesome and the reduction is not that great so you can hook it up to a summit trans and still have a fast rig
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
X2 ...

Also, 90% of the hobby is figuring out how to build and make stuff work on your own. Not being a newbie and begging various manufactures to make shit for you.
What a Newb ! no begging here Retard ! you clearly dont know me or the stuff I have built, so your a very small person for saying so not to mention I am Only asking who offers or " I will make my own "

1700 posts of Bla bla [Quote=Highmark;" Innnnssssssssss " [/Quote]
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
What a Newb ! no begging here Retard ! you clearly dont know me or the stuff I have built, so your a very small person for saying so not to mention I am Only asking who offers or " I will make my own "

1700 posts of Bla bla
Just giving you hell man ... I know full well you're not new to the stuff. But you did cross post in like three forums and you miss-quoted.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote