Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Converting Hustler chassis for ax10 swap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #1

Default Converting Hustler chassis for ax10 swap

Hello all,
I had posted something in the general crawler section but got no response. Thinking it may have been in the wrong section. What i am trying to do is swap my ax10 over to a hustler se frame. As some may know the front shock mounts are not setup for a 2.2 swap. As of now i purchased some 1/4" alum for new links and some steel to fab up new front shock mounts.

The rear bolted up nicely except for the upper links. I have 2 locations to hook them too. the first location closest to the rear, they fit nicely. Question is do they have to go to the same area as the lower links which would be the main part of chassis around motor/tranny. Same tube section of frame. What should i do?

As for the front shock mounts i have to redo these completely. I have some idea's. I know almost anything goes but i just want to be in the ballpark. Is there a certain angle the driveshaft should be coming out of the pumkin? also wheelbase. I am at 13" to 13 1/2" center to center. is this ok?

ok, now i am hoping someone else out there has converted one of these frames and can share some advice. I'm a little scared to start cutting up a brand new chassis. I never did this before. One thing i noticed, i won't have to get a shorter driveshaft for the dig unit. stock lenght is good, this was a plus. The dig wasn't installed in the ax10. bought it for this build.
sorry for the book. I can send a pic but can not post any. I know this would be a build help.

thanks
dennis

Last edited by Banshee94; 01-03-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: add photo
Banshee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

create a account at photobucket.com then you can post pics up
lifted_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #3

thanks, that worked but now i need to work on a better pic's. its a start.

thanks
dennis
Banshee94 is offline   Reply With Quote