Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: my new tlt kinda scale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #1

Default my new tlt kinda scale

got the new chassis pretty much done. got some things to do yet, but here are some pics for you all to check out. let me know what you think.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lofty9.../ph//my_photos
lofty975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #2
RCC Addict

looks good but i think u should get reed of the cants and but on 4" maxx shock becuase they are more adjustable, just my .02 cents
rocpede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

very prudy!! i like it, now my 2cents .... i think you should get the g-made wheel wideners from thecrawlerstore.com. The crawler store is a great place you dont have to worry about "do i want next day shipping or standard" they ship it out SUPER fast and there not that much money, i think its like 25-27 bucks. and there not hard to put on. I got them and they made your rig look alot better and alow you to turn better to.
CreepyCrawler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #4

well the cheap cants do suck but thats what worked for now. A guy I work with is making some longer stub axles for me so I have room for the maxx shocks. It doesnt really have the best articulation yet but I'm working on it. The wider axle and better shock setup should help. The body on it is definatly a pos. It's getting replaced with one from a txt. should look cool.I'm also thinking about a very basic roll cage. I dont want to mess up my body right away. I just got it running this weekend so I'm still tweaking it a bit. Hopefully the stub axles will work and be strong enough. If they aren't, the wheel wideners are my next choice. I'll put new pics on when I get more done. till then.....................
Old 03-31-2006, 01:36 PM   #5

well, I got off my butt and ordered the wheel wideners from the crawler store. should be here in a few days. Haven't done much of anything else. I broke another one of those cheap plastic yokes. when will I learn?
Old 03-31-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty975
well, I got off my butt and ordered the wheel wideners from the crawler store. should be here in a few days. Haven't done much of anything else. I broke another one of those cheap plastic yokes. when will I learn?
Instead of buying wideners why don't you buy some Extreme Blackfoot stub axles? they are the correct fit and will give you 3/4" wider stance. They are $7+ a pair on Tower
jwrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:24 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

that looks awsome!
trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:03 PM   #8

Thanks for the idea jwrape. I looked into that but I was looking to go wider. thats why I'm having a guy make some for me. He is trying to make them at work while doing his job so it is taking forever. Thats why i bought the ones from the crawler store. I guess if I get both the stub axles (1" longer than stock) and the wideners (1/2") and put them together.......... That might put too much stress on the axle case. I dont really want to be replacing them every time I play. Does anyone make braces for widened tlt axles? maybe someone should. hint hint. anyway, thanks for the replies, and if I ever get time to do more I will post new pics.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #9

I REALLY like the dodge body. Who makes it?
Supernova803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

With that dodge body be prepared for premature rust and constant breakage . The crawler looks cool tho.
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #11

Pretty sweet. Seems like it could still use a little tweaking though.
SenorClod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #12

The body is from an old stampede actually. I built the chassis to fit it.........kinda. I'm thinking about using a body from a txt. I think it will fit better, and the one on it has more electrical tape than plastic.
I got my wideners the other day. They help alot. now its time to do something different with the shocks. I'm want to use maxx shocks but , the tops dont give enough movement. I need a ball end or something in it. guess I should search or if any of you have an y ideas that would be great. I'm going to use it as is at devils lake this sunday. see what happens
Old 04-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

i think the ball ends that come with a TLT kit will fit the top of maxx shocks...Not positive, but Im pretty sure they will work.
customxprone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:11 AM   #14
MWRCA'er

Maybe you could, hack off the top of the shock and screw in a ballend.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:48 AM   #15
MWRCA'er

I just use fuel tubing to allow the rotation.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote