Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My New Toy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My New Toy

This is my semi-scale Ford TLT. I just got it from Crawlerman, and love the thing. It is a great all around truck and runs great. Ok enough of the chit chat, onto the pics.

Bueaty shot

Not a problem to make it over!

First run over the rocks

WOW Four wheel steer.

Going through some underbrush.

POWER I think so

Top of the hill

Coming down

Doughnuts.

And again.

Thanks for looking. More body off pics to come later. Tell me what you think and what I should do to it next.
Tyler
T_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

looks like a pretty good all around rig but, we need more pics!!!
rockschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Gese, crawlerman is worse then me. That guy can't keep a rig for more then 2 week's!
CoreyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockschooler
looks like a pretty good all around rig but, we need more pics!!!
Well I will get more pics soon. I took it through some mud yesterday, and it was a blast. Didn't get pics though. I also decided to take it through about 8inches of water too, and it didn't hurt a thing. Although I had my electronics in a balloon. I will take it back to the lake this week, and get some better pics, but for now this is all you get. Well maybe some body off pics later this evening.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Oh and by the way would any body be willing to build me an exocage for this truck? For somewhat cheap, cuz money is short at 16. Please and Thank you.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ok so as stated earlier, here are some body off pics. Not too many, but you get the idea of what it has.

Over all view shows front

Center close-up

Reciever/Esc
Old 07-13-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

all these views and no comments. Come on guys i'd like some input on how to make it better.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

What needs to be better?? Looks great and looks like it works great too. I say leave it alone

It looks Awesome!

Last edited by Scooteracing; 07-13-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

ok, but it think i might try to drop the bed, but i don't know how i would make the fenders. any ideas?
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Thats a sweet looking truck why would you want to change anything? the only think i would change is put a nice chevrolet body on her
yamaharider308a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I'm looking at getting an old chevy body to go on it. The Ford body is only on there cuz thats what it came with.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

frame extensions to mount some Savage bumpers? Naw thats just me all prerunnered up. I'd lower the body and run geolanders. But I suppose you want to bash with it judging by the donuts in the pics, the Mag Mayhem motor , you still want to have ground clearence to crawl so thats out. I guess that leaves ... Brushless ? I'm spent. Maybe differnt paint on the body? Naw. It looks good.

I'm gonna get flamed for this ... but I got to

Who in thier right mind has an Exo cage on an old Ford? Since when does a Ford need a cage? Now maybe a Chevy ... So yea get it caged. Just make sure you hide the Bow-Tie with a stinger bumper.

Seriously it looks good and I hate swampers. Chevy or not it's clean. I'd kill ya for the rims though
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith
frame extensions to mount some Savage bumpers? Naw thats just me all prerunnered up. I'd lower the body and run geolanders. But I suppose you want to bash with it judging by the donuts in the pics, the Mag Mayhem motor , you still want to have ground clearence to crawl so thats out. I guess that leaves ... Brushless ? I'm spent. Maybe differnt paint on the body? Naw. It looks good.

I'm gonna get flamed for this ... but I got to

Who in thier right mind has an Exo cage on an old Ford? Since when does a Ford need a cage? Now maybe a Chevy ... So yea get it caged. Just make sure you hide the Bow-Tie with a stinger bumper.

Seriously it looks good and I hate swampers. Chevy or not it's clean. I'd kill ya for the rims though
Yes Mriswith, this truck is an all around bashing truck. It is fun to just run through the mud/water and in the dirt/grass, but even though it has a lower center clearence, it still makes a pretty good crawler, for the stuff i have around here. I don't think I want to go brushless with it quite yet, but I would like to get a cage for it, to preserve the body, so eveything is protected. I'm not a big Chevy of Ford man, swearing one is better than the other. If it was up to me wich ever one ran or was better i would use it. I also need to mount a bumper on it for a stinger, but i don't know how so i will fiddle with that at a later time. Right now i am trying to draw out a design for the exo, so if anyone has ideas or pics of exo's for this truck, PLEASE HELP ME.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I was just having having a little fun with the Chevy vs Ford thing . I grew up die hard Ford and now I'm driving a Dodge. Oh the shame.

Alum. C-Channel Frame frame rails down the side of your chassi held on by your body post "bulkhead" screws. It would probably add to the "scale" look anyway. Run the frame rails out just short of the body with channel cross braces. That would give front and rear mounting points for your exo cage. My "Misfit" (damn it sounds like like pimping my jeep) has that and it's just for body mounts. A simple angle piece to drop below and out past the body would be good bumper mounts. Look at BrandO's chassis's, those might give you some ideas.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

thats a good looking truck why would ya wanna mess with perfection... and change the body to a chevy. as far as an exo cage i'd put front and rear bumpers and rock sliders and build the cage off that. and i'd love to those rims to.
RocJoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Pics of the rims:

Front

Rear

Nice strong side bite
There are the pics for all of you drooling over the rims.

Last edited by T_Boy; 07-13-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

You have to tell me what kind of rims those are. They are exactly what I need for my scale project.
kerosinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

damn it, now it's either find where you live or rub one out. I'm already on the net so ...
Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

OK kerosinek The rims are 2.2 aluminum double sided beadlock rims from
RC4WD.com. They are the non narowed ones, or the first gens.

As for you Mriswith Have fun finding me, and like posted before, just go to
RC4WD and get ya a pair.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Oh, you thought I meant to hunt you down. Nope, it was the other one. Now I need to smoke.