RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   2.2 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Wreckluse (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/2-2-scale-rigs/386627-wreckluse.html)

Postclanker 07-04-2012 07:48 AM

Re: Wreckluse

Show us some pics when you get it together....1/8 scale winch seems big...

I like surprises...."thumbsup"

cloudswimmer 07-04-2012 11:24 AM

Howdy,

Well been working on the SCX10 Cheroke, not the Wreckluse. I want my mind to be focused 100% on the Wreckluse as its going to be tricky getting those Blackwell axles set up right. Also ordered another Wreckluse skid and am going to do inboard link mounts, so just trying to get this SCX10 done so I can start on it. I never was able to find that guys wreckluse with dig, but it sounds like you got it figured out. Just weld plate in back, mount servo to it, run long link between servo and dig. Was gonna do it myself, but if I ever comp it will be with the Wreck, so it needs to be dig free. Are you gonna braze that plate in or have it professionally welded? My idea is to braze nuts to the chassis, then screw the plate down to those, that way I can change things around later if the urge strikes. Off to breakfast ttyl.

C

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustMe (Post 3807689)
Postclanker some thing coming your way.

Cloudswimer hows your build coming.

Just got the dig unit fitted now i have to work on shafts and other misc stuff and got an 1/8 scale winch after its all built and bugs worked out going to have to take it appart and have some plates welded in the back and the front .front plate will be high so the stering servo will clear the winch not real pretty but functional.

JustMe 07-05-2012 12:48 AM

My friend owns his own welding company so I am going to let a pro do it.

cloudswimmer 07-10-2012 09:31 AM

We're slowing down a bit in this thread. Any Wreckluse news? Mine may take longer than I thought. Carter Fab & Machine is going to weld some brake guard tubing and lower link mounts onto my Blackwells, and he said about a 3 week turnaround time. So I'm gonna be peeking in to see how your dig is going Just. Will you be starting another thread for your other build?

C

Postclanker 07-10-2012 02:18 PM

ya...I miss this thread also...

JustMe 07-11-2012 12:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
the dig is installed. not verry pretty it hits even with the mini servo and brracket cut. i should of went with the wraith set up might ou fit better. got the lights in light buckets.

paleblue46 07-19-2012 03:53 PM

Great thread guys I just got my Wreck , Im using Wraith axles and trans and 2.2 TSL's. Most of the parts are here . This thread has helped , Thanks guys

Postclanker 07-19-2012 04:59 PM

be sure to post some pics Blue...
and welcome to "Cluse" world "thumbsup"

paleblue46 07-20-2012 03:46 PM

PICS are in my albums , not sure how to put them in a thread and thanks for the welcome Postclanker.
Mine is painted and been mocked up a couple of times , trying to decide what to use for power brushed or brushless , and if I want to change frame color

ZoSo 07-20-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustMe (Post 3791704)
some shot on the lava. and a face lift

very nice ....love the articulation"thumbsup"

Postclanker 07-28-2012 02:56 PM

hey...thought I'd share my first build with you guys....not a wreckluse, but I sure like it...

enjoy

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc4wd...2-flatbed.html

Modbug 07-29-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postclanker (Post 3804360)
Build it...show all of us here...."thumbsup"

Didn't ignore your challenge and I appreciate it. Thought about for a while, but have two other builds I want to do first.