Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Rebuild of "90 Proof" Southern Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Rebuild of "90 Proof" Southern Buggy

Got it in the mail today, Bought from Hoosierdady, originally built by Warriorsimi, I will be rebuilding her back to TR condition over the next few weeks. So far I have most of the parts already laying around to make it RTR, but the first phase will be mocking up everything and getting my parts list together. For now it will run stock ar60's and putting my "tough ass axle" setup in it. Electronics wise i'm thinking a 7995tg servo, BRXL WP with a Crawlmaster pro 13T and a MaxAmps 2s with stock links for now. I'll have pics up tomorrow of the little bit of progress I've made whhile trying to wrap up my CC-01 build.
TheManCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Fan of wheelspeed

Default Re: Rebuild of "90 Proof" Southern Buggy

damn, you dont waste any time huh? lol. Interested to see what you come up with.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
damn, you dont waste any time huh? lol. Interested to see what you come up with.
Hell no lol I go full ass into everything I do.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Ok guys quick update I have ripped the guts off another one of my wraith's and I have a good idea now of what my parts list is going to consist of. Here's some pics. Gotta love that every time I change the batteries in my digital camera it resets the date to 2011 LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
RCC Addict

awesome buy man, i thought about buying it myself, you should bring it out on the 28th we just post a run @hurricane creek
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy23jordan23 View Post
awesome buy man, i thought about buying it myself, you should bring it out on the 28th we just post a run @hurricane creek
If I can get everything I need here and all the bugs worked out by then I'll be there along with Showtime. Kinda tossing the idea around of scx axles under it since it does kinda resemble a Polaris RZR
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
RCC Addict

scx1o with wheel wideners would work well, but wraith axles look awesome and at home under it, hope you can make it
Old 10-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManCave View Post
If I can get everything I need here and all the bugs worked out by then I'll be there along with Showtime. Kinda tossing the idea around of scx axles under it since it does kinda resemble a Polaris RZR
Thats how I ran it. scx10 axles and some RC4Wd wideners. I included the rear truss and front shock relocating brackets in case you were to run that configuration. You can use some Purple Power degreaser de-anodize the green alloy btw.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
scx1o with wheel wideners would work well, but wraith axles look awesome and at home under it, hope you can make it
I agree the ar60's do look better and hill let me side hill a lot better. Gonna have to get some big ass shock for it unless I want a lowrider lol
Old 10-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
Thats how I ran it. scx10 axles and some RC4Wd wideners. I included the rear truss and front shock relocating brackets in case you were to run that configuration. You can use some Purple Power degreaser de-anodize the green alloy btw.
Its a toss up between the two, but I will be taking the green off the parts to make a little redneck bling bling I do have some HR wheel wideners that are sitting around from the kit I bought for Ol Orange but I'll cross that bridge when I get there
Old 10-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Update: Got my parts list together and order placed to get it pretty capable of the forthcoming abuse it will have to deal with. Here's what I came up with so far.
Hot Racing SHD lockers
43/13 HD gears
rc4wd steering links x2
Hitec 625mg servo ( yes going 4 wheel steering this time )
HPI Savage shocks
Novak eiger/ 45t Rockstar combo ( gonna keep it tame with 4ws )
So far thats all Ive had to order. I de-anodized my links, diff covers along with some beadlock rings. I will be using XR10 rims with full weights up front with 2.2 Mudslingers as its primary tire with TSL SX Swampers on 8 shooters for back up. Still have a LONG way to go but the pieces are in order just need them to get here and to put them together.

Last edited by TheManCave; 10-06-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 10-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
RCC Addict

sounds like a good parts list, hell i have some savage shocks if you havent ordered them
Old 10-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
sounds like a good parts list, hell i have some savage shocks if you havent ordered them
Well crap, I ordered a set of 4 plastic red spring shocks kinda on the cheap, in case they dont compress enough to get to a 6" eye to eye length
Old 10-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Well I got a little more done on it in between messing around with my new rc4wd trailer. Got the links back on after de anodizing them, motor mounted to the tranny, shafts on, BL's locked down on the Slingers all ready for the gearing rebuild.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
RCC Addict

maybe this will help ,i made some links to mount the shocks on top of the axle and to the outside ,that way you can use 110 mm shocks.here's a pic.
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsimi View Post
maybe this will help ,i made some links to mount the shocks on top of the axle and to the outside ,that way you can use 110 mm shocks.here's a pic.
Great idea and totally forgot you did that to raise the location. btw nice to see a fellow Showtime owner and great work on the 90 proof chassis
Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #17
RCC Addict

thanks hopefully the fire season will end soon so i can get back to building again
my next chassis will be" whitetrash".if you need help with something lmk maybe i can help.it's good to see the chassis i built being put together .good job on keeping it going.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorsimi View Post
thanks hopefully the fire season will end soon so i can get back to building again
my next chassis will be" whitetrash".if you need help with something lmk maybe i can help.it's good to see the chassis i built being put together .good job on keeping it going.
Oh its definitely going to get used lol just waiting on parts to come in so I can get it out there with the other tubers. Hope I do it justice. It already has an advantage with the weighted wheels up front but gonna lose some grip with the slingers. If you have any pics up close of the shock mounts maybe I can fab up a set and stop her from squatting so bad
Old 10-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
RCC Addict

cant wait to see this beast in action
Old 10-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
RCC Addict

here's a close up.it is a piece of pipe i cut it so i can pinch it to size then brazed a tab on it for the shock mount ,drilled a set hole into the axle tube to hold it in place .you can adjust it in or out or front and back before you put the set screw in.hope this helps.

Rebuild of "90 Proof" Southern Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W.O.D. inspired family 4 seater buggy, "Southern Comfort" by CFM CarterFab Axial Wraith 489 08-08-2014 06:22 PM
mg200 southern buggy build "HEADCASE" ROLANDROCKSHOP Axial Wraith 187 03-04-2012 06:35 PM
warriorsimi's "90 proof" southern build warriorsimi Axial Wraith 132 02-25-2012 10:04 PM