Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Black Mamba Dodge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Black Mamba Dodge

Shocked I havent put pictures of this rig up yet, but i've had the body laying around for forever, had a home made chassis and decided to finally build a giant Dodge. Im using built wraith trans with dual motor mount it will have dual titan 550 Emaxx motors, evx2 esc savox sc1251 tg servo. It currently has mildly built ( all internal ) wraith axles 2.2 rb2's custom links shafts stock tuned shocks 1" drop on the skid to correct the super steep driveline angle it had. Still need to center the axles up a little bit and screw with the suspension geometry but I think it'll be a pretty cool truck when its done
TheManCave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Black Mamba Dodge

Motors arrived so in with the powerplant

sent from the mystery machine
Old 12-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Now unleash the footage of the power. Looking great art!
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan View Post
Now unleash the footage of the power. Looking great art!
My damn phone deleted the video..
Old 01-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Nice build, I'm in middle of exact same type but painted white lol.

I made the the chassis out of 1/2" square tube and a mild subframe for tcase. I too have steep angles still for the height I want. I'm thinking of making a link bracket for the front at least to get them horizontally parallel. Anyway, these dodge bodies are sweet. I have a couple more I want made into a crew cab but sadly I have no styrene skills and I'd like it done right.

Sorry to go off, I got excited seeing another one! Can't wait to see the power! Mines a puss lol it just tows my super with a 65t motor

Subscribed
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
Nice build, I'm in middle of exact same type but painted white lol.

I made the the chassis out of 1/2" square tube and a mild subframe for tcase. I too have steep angles still for the height I want. I'm thinking of making a link bracket for the front at least to get them horizontally parallel. Anyway, these dodge bodies are sweet. I have a couple more I want made into a crew cab but sadly I have no styrene skills and I'd like it done right.

Sorry to go off, I got excited seeing another one! Can't wait to see the power! Mines a puss lol it just tows my super with a 65t motor

Subscribed
Dropping the skid 1" worked for me got rid of the bind, but apparently two emaxx motors are wicked fast and I have an assload of body roll so i'll have to figure out a way to make either some sway bars for it or limiter straps to keep it from rolling. Also on my test run I managed to shear both wb8 shafts off on the trans inputs so I found two odd man out male MIP shafts, drilled and threw them into my shaft bodies so that issues should be corrected. I also noticed that I need to do a little more link trimming seeing how the rear end ended up 1/8" out of square after I welded the shock mounts on. At least I have all winter to get this sucker tuned up dialed in and ready for spring. Cant wait to see pics of your dodge, there's not enough of them out there glad someone else is building em up too

Black Mamba Dodge - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Mamba, Dinky RC KOH Jeep Agama 2.2 Scale Rigs 110 05-24-2015 11:58 AM
Super Black Mamba hatewater Superclass Crawlers 3 05-20-2011 03:38 PM