Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Just another Wraith build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Just another Wraith build

After selling my MZ U4 rig I started looking around at all of the parts I had in my parts pile and wanted to throw something together. That spiraled a bit and I spent some of the money from selling my U4 rig as well. Here is the parts list:

- Wraith Chassis with BGR bits and EB Body. I got this in the classifieds a while back, was going to use it to build a Wrexo, decided to scrap that project.
- RC4WD AX2 Trans - Another part I got a long time ago in the classifieds. Fit with a Robinson Racing 54T HD Slipper
- Wraith front axle - built with stuff I had laying around. VP chubs and knuckles, VP VVD's, Beeftubes, DLUX U4 truss, DMG Skid, STRC caps and Cover, Axial HD Gears, ARB Locker, Fasteddy Bearings
- SSD Rear Axle - Bought this as I love this new axle. Fit with Axial HD Gears and LURC F1 spool
- VP Ti links, DCW Link Risers, Proline Powerstroke Slash Rear Shocks, Gearhead Lowering kit
- HH Puller Pro 3500kv 540 size motor, MMP
- VP Green Method wheels with CI foams, PB RB II Tires, even have a 5th for a spare

There is more Im sure Im forgetting. Actually a decent ways through the assembly of this already. Axles are all assembled and suspension is going together now. Still have some chassis stuff to work on then I can finish this thing up pretty quick since its a fairly stock-ish build without tons of custom fab, etc.

Pic of the chassis/body as I got it and as it currently sits. Pic of axles mostly assembled.

Wes
Attached Images

Last edited by WesTX; 06-15-2015 at 03:02 PM.
WesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Just another Wraith build

More progress today. Front and rear axles are complete, links and shocks mounted up. DCW Link risers installed. Still waiting on a pinion for the motor, will hopefully have that soon.

Got it most of the way assembled, mocked it up and decided on removing the droop setup in the front to keep a bit more up travel. Should have it together by the end of the week I think. I do still need to get an RX Bypass adapter from Holmes for the steering servo. I ordered those today, but can use it for light use until then as is. Also ordered a HeyOK switch for the shift servo. Will have a simple toggle switch to change gears. I feel like that is a great setup for this, and can use the 3rd channel for something else on my Futaba 3PMX.

Here are some pics of the setup, this should be a strong, reliable, rig for bashing and crawling. Pumped about how this will work.

Wes
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Down to little stuff now. Had a 54T RR slipper clutch, too small to fit the motor with a 12T pinion, now ordered a 60T slipper and will run a 14-15T pinion.

Also ordered MIP's and the custom special length MIP male shaft from SuperShafty. Should have the standard MIP's tomorrow, will likely run them until I get the part in from SuperShafty.

Installing the rear sway bar, light bar and battery pack, interior, yeti fuel cell (for scale looks only), and maybe start on electronics today.

Wes
Old 06-19-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Got it as a runner. Small punch list left.

- Add on to DMG skid to add a skid for the servo
- Clean up wiring running through interior
- Install HH RX Bypass with BEC. BEC is already installed, just need the RX Bypass harness to make it all work
- Figure out permanent mounting location for ESC, it is taking up the space where the Yeti fuel cell was going to go.
- Thinking about gearing down to make it drivable and not scary fast in high gear and with a 3S lipo. Right now I am at 60T/15T, thinking about going to 60T/13T.
- Install heyOK switch servo selector. This will make shifting easier as I wont have to simply do an adjustment on the controller, just flip a switch on the car. More on that when the switch comes in.
- Adjust ESC. Reverse power is set far too low and drag brake is too high, it does front flips when you let off in high gear.

This thing does fit an 8000mah 2S battery under the hood, that will make for some LONG run times. Will stick with the standard 4000-5000 packs I have laying around for the most part. Super fun, missed my wraith I had a year or two ago. This will be a good basher and crawler that wont take a ton of work to maintain. Its hard to get in RC wrench time with a 2 yr old and 1 month old.

Wes
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #5

Looks wicked. Im jealous of the VP wheels. Always backordered when I have the spare cash laying around. What motor and esc are you running?
Grigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:27 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Damn Wes! I had all those BGR parts when I started on my 1.9 scx10 Wraith EB Bronco build before I had to sell everything for a down payment on a new car. Yeah I had a custom BGR KOH cage with the same spare mount and drop down rear bumper. Heck I even had the same front bumper and same sliders lol....maybe the guy I sold it to sold it to you lol!

I think the build was named "Orange Crush EB Bronco" lol!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Just another Wraith build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 wraith build or scx10 build? Cork Newbie General 13 06-08-2015 08:17 AM