Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: **Dtrail HL**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default **Dtrail HL**

Well I have been collecting parts for thing for some time now. Got my 11.25" C-channel DTrail Frame and I went to work. I am using a HL body for it and it fits pretty dang good! I guess I am just looking to see what you guys think so far.

Parts List:
11.25" Dtrail Frame with Bruiser Leafs, might go with Diaz leafs when available.
TLT Axels
Lizzard 2.2 Imex Rims with Geolanders Narrowed the Back ring(Probably should have done the front and then put some rock rings on it)
R2 tranny
19t motor
Was hoping to use my punisher Shafts but had to use some pede shafts
Super Rooster
645 servo
Juggster Rear Bumper and Hitch
Ram Light system

On to the Pictures

nandez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Sinking with the ship

Nice looking rig dude, that rc4wd trans fits perfectly in there eh? I must say, thats a nice rear bumper ya got there
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Nice truck i love the hitch you got a trailer?
Brandon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

thats so awseome, is that a hi lift body?

nice build
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Nice, but you stole my idea! Pede trans, dtrail, leaf sprung high lift axles!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClodCrawlin
Nice, but you stole my idea! Pede trans, dtrail, leaf sprung high lift axles!
Your idea huh 1st attempt at a scale rig.
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

just an observation i had right now... but why not mount the tranny reversed? (motor wires toward the front...)

in the interest of putting as much weight forward as possible, maybe you could move the motor to the opposite side, allowing all electronics to fit up under the hood.. basically putting all your weight to the front...

and depending on what the shafts/shaft angles allow, moving the tranny fwd. more - every little bit helps when you're scaling (even weight and cog transfer is scaled)

i have yet to see more of these leaf sprung trucks in person - there's so much to learn...

and i want to check out some HL axles and see how that external locker works...
MafiaxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys. It has been a project in progress for a while. I am trying to take my time and make it looks as clean as I possibly can. Not too much clutter. I love the bumper and Hitch and all thanks goes to Juggsterr!!

I do have a Trailer and thats what this rig is mostly gona be for and trails. I kept all three leafs in the rear and I will be running HL shocks so if I need a little more Payload I can put the springs back in the shocks.

I mounted the Tranny like that cause if you flip it around then you get the hump of the tranny facing down and thats just more under belly clutter. Also the angel of the shafts are steep enough moving it forward is gona KILL the angle of the yokes.

Hopefully I can get it done on Saturday, well actually I am still waiting for my Superrooster to get back from Novak. No time to work on it tonight since I will be at MONTSTER JAM at Arco Arena, Then Sunday I have my sons Birthday party.

Here is a couple of pics of its true use.

Might need to make some Helper Airbags some how. Any ideas how to do that????
Old 01-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm
Dam you! :-(
Old 01-26-2007, 03:06 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I also need to lower my Trailer a little to allow the Drop hitch to work. Right now the trailer lines up straight with the bumper.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

how does the trailer axles go on? just solid rod and diamond plate for the axle? and how to mount hte wheels? Did you "die" the rod and put a nut?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

ill get back to you on how to make helper bags @ scale (ive got air on my 1:1).. .. that trailer looks pretty nice, i see what you were saying about your drivelines - i just saw that pic clearly from the side, you've got angle for days already!

PS - i should be at Monster jam too ! even tho arco is the worst arena to have it in, at least we have it here in town
MafiaxB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

The trailer axels are tubing with some all thread through them and then some pipe clamps with a rubber sheild to hold them in place. The all thread floats in the tube and the rims float on the all thread.

I have Air bags on my Truck, but I need to make them scale. Yeah I think I will be in Section 108 about half way up. If I take my truck make sure to listen for a Train Horn in the parking lot. That will be me in the white F-250.

I tried to make this truck as close to my bestfriends truck as possible. The only thing is his is an extra cab. I guess I might have to make another one with the Proline Super duty Body next to get the true look.

Here is a pic of my buddies truck. The rims are actaully pretty close but his are only 20's.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaxB
ill get back to you on how to make helper bags @ scale (ive got air on my 1:1).. .. that trailer looks pretty nice, i see what you were saying about your drivelines - i just saw that pic clearly from the side, you've got angle for days already!

PS - i should be at Monster jam too ! even tho arco is the worst arena to have it in, at least we have it here in town
Go GRAVE DIGGER! Did you see him run into that trash bin when he first came out!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Well I got the shocks on and did my rear lockout. I couldn't wait any longer so I went and got a cheap Duratrax ESC to hold me over untill I get my Super rooster back. The only thing that I don't like is the steering linkage. Maybe somebody could help me out a bit with some pointers or what not. When I steer the wheel one way it makes the suspension go up and when I go the other way the suspension pulls down. It kinda sucks. Here are a few pics of what I have and I tryed to shoot a short video so you can see how it is working.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

your gonna have to decrease the distance between your servo and the axle!! your way to far apart!! i noticed that your shackles are on the bottom hole. try moving them to the top, plus it will give them a better angle for better flex.... and then i would thing about mounting your servo lower some how. maybe a different bracket
scuzzy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 PM   #17
RCC Addict

That drag link is just a joke right?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
That drag link is just a joke right?
Yeah pretty much, untill I make something better or see something better. I mean it steers just fine and all, but I guess the word for it is Bump steer? Whatever it is, it has too much of it and it just isn't gona work.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Default **Dtrail HL** Ideas for steering Linkage?

I think I might chop the lifting/mounting blocks in half and raise the shackles to the upper eyelets. But any Ideas for steering linkage?
Old 01-29-2007, 11:03 PM   #20
I joined the Band!

Default bump steer cure...

useing these parts that are from the stock tlt kit will get rid of the bump steer. you will get about 2" of up& down travel. here are a few pics. if you guys need more shots i will be more that happy to posts some
Attached Images

ddiaz10240 is offline   Reply With Quote