Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Anyone using RC4WD Blackwells?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anyone using RC4WD Blackwells?

I've had a set of RC4WD Blackwells for a few years now. They have sat new and un-opened in their boxes. Does anyone have any builds using these they could possibly share some pics of? I was going to do a Wreckluse build with these axles but just never got around to it. Now I'm wanting to try out comp crawling and am thinking of getting a Bully 2, but the only way I could really afford it is if I sold off my Blackwells, and I'm having a hard time bringing myself to do that .. they're just so badass looking. Perhaps some pics of other builds using the Blackwells will inspire me to build something with them and forego my comp crawler itch. Thanks
cloudswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Anyone using RC4WD Blackwells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudswimmer View Post
I've had a set of RC4WD Blackwells for a few years now. They have sat new and un-opened in their boxes. Does anyone have any builds using these they could possibly share some pics of? I was going to do a Wreckluse build with these axles but just never got around to it. Now I'm wanting to try out comp crawling and am thinking of getting a Bully 2, but the only way I could really afford it is if I sold off my Blackwells, and I'm having a hard time bringing myself to do that .. they're just so badass looking. Perhaps some pics of other builds using the Blackwells will inspire me to build something with them and forego my comp crawler itch. Thanks
I'm working on two Blackwell axles trucks, but they're on hold for the moment. This is the operational one, a basic straight steel c-channel frame, leaf spring, and a Bullhead cab.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
tcanin00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sweet! Thanks for sharing! Anyone else? I'm thinking either a southern buggy, or adding some tube to my Wreckluse chassis for something more custom. Did you paint your Blackwells black .. or buy the black anodized ones? Mine are silver, and I was thinking of baking some enamel onto them for a custom color.

Last edited by cloudswimmer; 05-12-2017 at 08:27 PM.
cloudswimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The ones on the Bullhead truck were powder coated black, but I painted two other ones and they came out okay.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
tcanin00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
Oppan Gangnam Style

I'm also building a Bullhead bodied rig with Blackwell axles but it will be a more stock looking big rig with smaller tires. When I had them apart, I was concerned with the small pinion gear size. Since there's not much reduction past the ring and pinion, I opted for a smaller tire.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I run a set on a shelf queen that see's minor towing duty. The small internals makes me think they wouldn't last long with some actual power. But, at the same time, a local guy runs them on his crawler every weekend.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone using RC4WD Blackwells? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dready's Rc4wd Trailfinder 2 **Now with Blackwells!!** Dready RC4WD Trail Finder 2 98 01-12-2016 05:55 PM
RC4WD and blackwells, lets get this straight. obijuan General Scale Talk 6 11-24-2012 06:38 PM