madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

nice paint
99chevyZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
20K Club

looks like you have some hours in those tires as well. I like the spring pearchs up front.

Looks pretty good. Need a close up though.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

thats a lexan body right? What are u using to paint it? Airbrush or just by hand? Im looking to make my new project like that. Its a 70' ford truck and i want to paint it primer grey with flat black hood and weathered. Also are you painting it on the inside or out? Cause i want the flat looking color, and cant get that look from the inside. Thanks for the help
west virginia krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
RCC Addict

sweet i love these builds
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
sweet i love these builds
scalers....?
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by west virginia krawler View Post
thats a lexan body right? What are u using to paint it? Airbrush or just by hand? Im looking to make my new project like that. Its a 70' ford truck and i want to paint it primer grey with flat black hood and weathered. Also are you painting it on the inside or out? Cause i want the flat looking color, and cant get that look from the inside. Thanks for the help
Yes the body is lexan. I just paint them with spray bombs, just regular old paint. As for the weathering its just a matter of spraying each coat over another depending on how many colors you want to show threw. Then I wait for it to dry real good before ''sanding''. I use a 000 polishing steel wool. It takes for ever and a day though so.... Once you actually break the surface it doesn't take as long to see results.
As for the out side or in I usually do both. The first inside coat you want to be some sort of bare or rusted metal color, just in case you sand down to the lexan.
These are two others I've done. The merc was only half way done and I never got a pic before I gave it back to the owner.

Hope this helps ya
madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #8
Debunking old stereotypes

Awesome truck. Reminds me of the One we had when I was a youngin.
My favorite is still gonna be billybob
That truck inspired me to make this One.

Name:  Picture 10.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  Picture 11.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  48.9 KB

Name:  Picture 12.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  Picture 13.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  Picture 14.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  75.4 KB
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
Yes the body is lexan. I just paint them with spray bombs, just regular old paint. As for the weathering its just a matter of spraying each coat over another depending on how many colors you want to show threw. Then I wait for it to dry real good before ''sanding''. I use a 000 polishing steel wool. It takes for ever and a day though so.... Once you actually break the surface it doesn't take as long to see results.
As for the out side or in I usually do both. The first inside coat you want to be some sort of bare or rusted metal color, just in case you sand down to the lexan.
These are two others I've done. The merc was only half way done and I never got a pic before I gave it back to the owner.

Hope this helps ya
Ok so im starting to get it a little bit. Like on that ^^^^^^^ body, did you paint the inside white and then put a coat of red and black on the outside. Then did you sand it to make the "rustic" look. Thats what it looks like. And if your doin it on the inside then im a little confused. Unless you put the first coat on then let it get "real" dry. Then you sand that coat. Then you paint it like that.
But that just dosent make sense to me. Well i guess im gona stop talkin and start practicing. I got a stock tlt body that im gona start practicing on wednsday. Ill post some pics if i get it lookin good. Any way those other bodies look great and keep postin pics of your sweet build up. Im gona model my next truck after yours. At least the redneck type of look. Awsome build cant wait for updates

O yea could you prolly use 400 or 600 grit sandpaper instead of wool. Or would that be to much.
thanks for the help

Last edited by west virginia krawler; 03-26-2007 at 04:22 PM.
west virginia krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I am spraying the brown inside and the others outside. That way not matter how far you go down there is rust underneath. I am guessing that is what he did. I never thought of actually aging it now. I was going to Future it like a new truck and then as I roll it and grind it on rocks it will show the colors...I like this better.

Thanks for the ideas,
john
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #11
I lost my vendor privileges

looks cool
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote