Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 2.2 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Olive Drab F350

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Location: Tearin down a dirt road, rebel flag a flyin, coon dog in the back, truck bed loaded down with beer.
Default Olive Drab F350 stump jumper

for about 6 months ive been sittin back and watchin people make their own rc's wile im stuck with the nylint.

well thats all changed.

i have started work on my Olive Drab F350, it has a custom strait frame and custom leaf springs. (because im cheap ) rite now i dont have nothin to do till tomarow when i can get down to the hard ware store and pic up some bolts, and other things.

sorry if the pictures i put up are small but i took them with my cell phone cause im at my dads and i left the digital camera at home:-( . the first picture i took this morning with the digitaal camera. but ill try and get more detailed pictures tomarow.

tell me what you think.

this build was inspired by jamesbernachez highlift (his highlift is in my signature)

Last edited by fordzilla1; 07-01-2007 at 09:31 PM. Reason: wanted a diferent title
fordzilla1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Keep buildin' ... I think it's a good start and I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Mark

Last edited by DenverFJ; 06-30-2007 at 11:51 AM.
DenverFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Keep up the good work. Some people will be negative no matter what you build.

I was in the same situation stuck with Nylints but wanted something different so I started collecting parts for my build. Good luck.
talonted1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:35 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Location: Tearin down a dirt road, rebel flag a flyin, coon dog in the back, truck bed loaded down with beer.

thanks everyone. when i run down to the hardware store and get my parts im gonna hang the leafs from the frame. and the body is missing the baed but other than that its scale size. just looka big because it aint build yet. im planning on a 12" wheel base.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

@#*%! i was just out workin on it and broke an F'in drill bit inside my frame material. i got it out and now i gotta go to my neighbors and ee if they have one i can use .
Old 06-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordzilla1 View Post
@#*%! i was just out workin on it and broke an F'in drill bit inside my frame material. i got it out and now i gotta go to my neighbors and ee if they have one i can use .
You might want to try using a cutting oil while drilling. I use 3n1 oil. It helps keep shavings out of your way, keeps the bit lubed and keeps heat to a minimum.
talonted1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Just make sure that you use a good sharp bit and dont use too much pressure( let the bit do the work!). Also, I prefer to use cobalt bits because they tend to last longer and break less.
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

thanks ill remeber that when i go to the hardware store next time.

suspensions hung and now im just waitin fot the rest of my parts to come.

sorry now pictures. ill have some pics. tomarow night.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

another update. (sorry still no pictures) hoping to have some tuesday. (cause thats when i can get back into my other house and grab the digital camera)

but frames nearly done. got body mounts installed, suspensions hung, flatbed is half built, and still waitin on my motor, transmision, and rims.

Last edited by fordzilla1; 07-01-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:58 AM   #10
I lost my vendor privileges

watching this build. good start.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:08 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

thanks moms off on vacation:-( without me. but o well i get to spend time on my rig. but i gotta wait till thursday or friday before i can actualy fininish up the rest of my frame and mount the body correctly so untill tuesday i wont have any good pictures.

hope yall can wait till then
Old 07-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

alrite im at a delema here. i dont know werethere to go shafts or dog bones for my driveline.

any info on wether wich would be better. i already have the dog bones on the bech rite now, and i had to go shafts id have to wait another week.

thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

i like the looks of this build. i can tell that you are using the radio shack f-350 body. i know cause i have one and its alot of fun. i got the mattracks for it too. but good looking build so far can't wait to see pics.
ksully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

another update

yes it is radio shack f350 with matracks. yes it was fun till i buried in a snow pile goin as fast as it would go. electronics got wet .

anyways the bed is made outta a squre sheet of aluminum that was overlaped to make it thicker and stronger. than i found a sheet of corigated aluminum and cut it ot size and riveted it in place. than i went to the local denis company and bout a can of that black PLASTI-dip. the kinda plastic/rubber on pliers and things like that you can buy in a can. painted the bed than dipped the sides of it in the dip and let it dy for 4 hours.

but i have pictures this time sorry i had to take them with my cell phone again.

this build would be a whole lot easier if some one would tell me this measurement.

basicly anyone with tlt axles will know... i think

thanks

Last edited by fordzilla1; 07-02-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

k i was wrong nice look and the mesurments to the end of the nuckle 6" and to the end of the stubshaft 8 1/8"
hiliftcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

thanks. and i seem to be havin troubles with my order. the people at RCP cant find my order and were tryin to work it out.

god this sucks now i gotta wait longer.:-(
Old 07-04-2007, 01:03 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

well the people at RCP didnt get my order cause the credit card didnt have enough balance on it or somethin like that.

so im gonna order my parts tomarow. but this time im ordering 20 heim joint so i can do my steering and a 4 link front and rear, my steering servo, and the tlt axles, except im just ordering the axles and knuckles, the diferentials will come later when i order my motor, transmision, and drivelines.

but i got the frame nearly complete. lettin paint dry rite now. than ill mount the body and bed and take some BIG pictures that i promised. now that i have the digital camera i can take good pictures.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:32 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

picture update

i still have the homemeade leafs on it for looks but i am gonna 4 link it

now i have the digital camera

Last edited by fordzilla1; 07-04-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

looks good
i love the look of those leaf springs
MaXX_CrAWlER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

ya i like the look of them to but i ordered 20 heim joints from RCP for my steerin. ill have 16 left over and thats just enough for a 4 link. so i might do that.

body off pic

wich one of these bateries would be best? 2 9.6v or 1 7.2v?

Last edited by fordzilla1; 07-04-2007 at 04:17 PM.