Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Alabama

Notices

Thread: crawl spot??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default crawl spot??

hey guys lets gtg and check this out!! If ME was all that then this should be NATS worthy!!
http://www.morrismountainorv.com
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
hey guys lets gtg and check this out!! If ME was all that then this should be NATS worthy!!
http://www.morrismountainorv.com
This is one of the spots that my 1:1 club (www.ncboffroad.com) crawls, and I'm a member of this park. I can tell you there are some GREAT spots to R/C crawl!!! The only thing is... you HAVE TO HAVE 4x4 to get to them... there isnt really any places around the parking/camping area.

As of the current date, me and another guy from my club are talking to Randy and Kris Morris about maybe letting us sponsor an R/C area to be built in the campground, using materials from the park. (this means 1:1 crawlin!!!) If we get the ok, we'll need help building it!
crawlinlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinlosi View Post
This is one of the spots that my 1:1 club (www.ncboffroad.com) crawls, and I'm a member of this park. I can tell you there are some GREAT spots to R/C crawl!!! The only thing is... you HAVE TO HAVE 4x4 to get to them... there isnt really any places around the parking/camping area.

As of the current date, me and another guy from my club are talking to Randy and Kris Morris about maybe letting us sponsor an R/C area to be built in the campground, using materials from the park. (this means 1:1 crawlin!!!) If we get the ok, we'll need help building it!
I dont think that would be a problem, Just lmk when and where!!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #4

Default Hurricane Creek

http://hurricanecreek.homestead.com/index.html

ya'll check it out. I've been down there years ago. i know they have a trolley in and out of the canyon. i know they have picnic areas and restrooms.

jake and his dad stopped by but they were about to close. the gentleman at the store seemed receptive of a comp.

i could be there by 5:30 on any given weekday or i'm available this weekend, if anyone wants to meet up and check it out.

ya'll have a good'n.

mud
Mudtar001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I went to Morris last Summer for some 1:1 action. For R/C's... not so good. All the rocks are a long way from parking, and the ones there are big and bouldery (and usually covered in mud).

There were good rocks, but they were way back in the woods.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=Harvo;1931220]I went to Morris last Summer for some 1:1 action. For R/C's... not so good. All the rocks are a long way from parking, and the ones there are big and bouldery (and usually covered in mud).

QUOTE]
sounds like MEROCK!!