Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Alabama

Notices

Thread: Future Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #1

Default Future Crawler

Just a few quick questions.

Is there a local club and/or were can I find some information on events?
I have looked in here but have not really been able to find a list of events.

I am looking at getting the Losi Comp Crawler. Is this a good truck to start with or is there another truck I might be overlooking? (Don't have alot of money to spend, around 500)

The main thing is that I would like to see a comp. to have a better understanding of what goes on and to also be able to meet some of you and ask a few questions. I do have a back ground in R/C, just thinking about selling most of my onroad cars and getting a crawler.

Thank you

Chris
ChrisR40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

We don't really have a local comp scedule but look for ALRC or B-roc comps. A LCC is pretty good & so is an ax10 but the most comp worthy is the Berg around here. We have the top people in the nation living right here in Bama. #1 in the world Austin Dunn & #4 Jeff Gill .Mostly we comp in Hover at the Moss Rock Preserve , Ohatchee at the Henry Neely dam & our favorite spot is Little Rock City Its close to Gadsden. Anybody want to add to this please do so , we need more rock crawlers !!!!!!
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hey Chris!! Welcome in. The two main "local clubs" are the ALRC and B-roc. I'm not sure when the next comp is going to be. But a few of us are gaving a GTG (get together)/practice sesion this Sunday at Little Rock City. Come on out if you can. Here are some directions....
Cherokee Rock Village
County Rd 70/Rock City Ave
Sand Rock Al 35983

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...03103,0.055189
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hey Chris! Good to see you are thinking about giving crawling a go. Biscuit pretty much covered it. Austin and Jeff are great resources and are always willing to help new folks learn.

I had an LCC and can't say anything bad about it but I just made the switch to a Berg and would never look back. The Berg's are usually more expensive but if you want I'll watch the for sale forums to see if one comes up for sale. I have seen them from time to time for 400-500 but they are rollers usually but sometimes you may get lucky and it include more stuff. If you want to be able to look yourself you need a star (it's like 25.00 bucks or so).

Pretty much everyone here is more than willing to help each other out too to so don't be afraid to ask but I would use the search first to see if you can find what you need to know.

Like Biscuit said the GTG is this weekend, you might want to ride up and check it out and Austin should be there too if you wanted to pick his brain.
promatchrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #5

Thank you for the quick replys everybody.

Sundays are hard because it is a church day, but I might still try and get up there.

Will keep looking over the boards and hope to have a truck by summer, just have alot of things going. Maybe everything will work out and I can give this a try. Been looking at crawling for the past 3-4 years just never pulled the trigger.

Jay, you know me and if the berg is the way to go, that is probly what I will end up trying to get. Just need to see how much money I can get for my onroad cars.

Thank you

Chris
Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Hey welcome aboard, good to see your interested in this hobby I will tell you we have a great group of guys here and we give each other alot of grief, but it's all in fun. come on out and see whats going on, but I WARN YA you will get addicted.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
Hey welcome aboard, good to see your interested in this hobby I will tell you we have a great group of guys here and we give each other alot of grief, but it's all in fun. come on out and see whats going on, but I WARN YA you will get addicted.
OH JEEZ they let you out again
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
OH JEEZ they let you out again
Yes they did, they let me out to hunt down a hillbilly.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisR40 View Post
Just a few quick questions.

Is there a local club and/or were can I find some information on events?
I have looked in here but have not really been able to find a list of events.

I am looking at getting the Losi Comp Crawler. Is this a good truck to start with or is there another truck I might be overlooking? (Don't have alot of money to spend, around 500)

The main thing is that I would like to see a comp. to have a better understanding of what goes on and to also be able to meet some of you and ask a few questions. I do have a back ground in R/C, just thinking about selling most of my onroad cars and getting a crawler.

Thank you

Chris
Welcome. The Alabama guys are a great bunch of guys to hang out with and they will teach you.
THE PARTS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Didn't see your thread till now (I need to keep a closer eye on the Alabama area) - did you make it to the GTG to check things out? If you didn't, maybe we can get an afternoon after work and meet up at the church. There are really good rocks there, and we have permission from the church to play. I'd be glad to let you drive my truck some to get a feel for it, and I'm sure Jay would let you drive his berg too (I've got the LCC).

Round you up some $$$ and let's get crawlin' - you'll love it!
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I'd be happy to let you try my Berg, just let me know what afternoon you want to meet up.
promatchrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #12

Saturdays are good, week days are hit or miss. Jeff, I will talk with you on Sunday. Thanks for the offer and I am getting my onroad cars ready to sell to try and get some cash.