Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Alaska
Loading

Notices

Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who from Alaska is part of RCC?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anchorage
Posts: 401
Default

I would be down for where ever. Nice to know there are more of us out there!! I'm over here in anchorage.
crawlski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ak
Posts: 296
Default

We usually crawl on the weekends. Only issue I have is our three year old daughter can't handle the really steep terrain. The thunderbird falls trail is a improved walking path a mile long with a bunch of little offshoots of mild terrain alongside the trail. There are a few more challenging spots near the falls but all n all pretty mild. There is a 5$ parking fee. There usually are people walking the trail oohing and ahhing the rigs as we go by. Kinda nice way to promote the hobby. It is a family friendly environment.
SC Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #83
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 1,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Convert View Post
We usually crawl on the weekends. Only issue I have is our three year old daughter can't handle the really steep terrain. The thunderbird falls trail is a improved walking path a mile long with a bunch of little offshoots of mild terrain alongside the trail. There are a few more challenging spots near the falls but all n all pretty mild. There is a 5$ parking fee. There usually are people walking the trail oohing and ahhing the rigs as we go by. Kinda nice way to promote the hobby. It is a family friendly environment.
we are going to try out thunderbird falls today if you guys want to join me and Matt,(crawlski) sometime after 2 probably closer to 3 or 4 i would say.

my number is 7750260 give me a call. my name is Tre btw.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:16 AM   #84
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 111
Default

Great run! I'm sure Tre will post pix???
Gvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ak
Posts: 296
Default

I hope so. Was a blast!
SC Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anchorage
Posts: 401
Default

Yea Tre, where's the pics?
crawlski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #87
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 1,310
Default

ill post some, my damn camera had crap over the lens thoe apparently so they are a bit blurry haha. give me a few minutes
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #88
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 1,310
Default

Here are a few pics, the rest are here if you want to see them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29268511@N07/











akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #89
K_B
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 2,049
Default

Now that racing is winding down, Bruce is getting the crawler bug. But he's a comper snob; doesn't really dig the scalers too much.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #90
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 1,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
Now that racing is winding down, Bruce is getting the crawler bug. But he's a comper snob; doesn't really dig the scalers too much.
what about you, still got the jeep?

btw are those rocks still around anywhere that i made and andy made?
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 111
Default

Good pix. Anyway I can get a copy of that video in the goo?
Gvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #92
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 1,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvus View Post
Good pix. Anyway I can get a copy of that video in the goo?
sure, ill upload it to vimeo in a bit okay then ill post the link
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #93
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anchorage
Posts: 111
Default

Sounds good. Or I could give you my email addy... Which ever works.
Gvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #94
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kenai, Alaska
Posts: 93
Default

I wish I was closer to you guys, looks like fun. There is a few guys down here that are starting to get the bug also. I built a small rock garden here in the yard. I will take some pics and post them. Let me know if you guys head down south for a run. Nice to see you back Tre.
Jim
jl_907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anchorage
Posts: 401
Default

Cool pics, I dig the one where you are getting winched out of the muck!!
crawlski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #96
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 1,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl_907 View Post
I wish I was closer to you guys, looks like fun. There is a few guys down here that are starting to get the bug also. I built a small rock garden here in the yard. I will take some pics and post them. Let me know if you guys head down south for a run. Nice to see you back Tre.
Jim
thx man, its good to be back.

Matt, yea i need to upload the video.
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #97
K_B
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 2,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akguanja View Post
what about you, still got the jeep?

btw are those rocks still around anywhere that i made and andy made?
I thought you might as about those They should still be around. I don't have the Heep but I do have an SCX10. At some point I need to swap in a new motor.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #98
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wasilla
Posts: 1,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
I thought you might as about those They should still be around. I don't have the Heep but I do have an SCX10. At some point I need to swap in a new motor.
ya? lol are they at your warehouse? and get a new motor in that thing and go out with us the more the merrier
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #99
K_B
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 2,049
Default

We had an actual permanent installation in an unused room at another guy's place of work. It was pretty cool. We took all the small rocks and built an elevated section along a wall complete with a wire bridge. But he quit. The room is unused, so I'm pretty sure all the stuff is still there. I'll find out; maybe move it all back to my warehouse.

Jade (alaskancrawler) has a permanent course built in his garage too. He's out in the valley. We had a few get-togethers out there last winter. It wouldn't take much to get mine together, but my Saturdays are filled up until early October. I have to run the races on Sundays until the end of this month.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:20 AM   #100
Rock Crawler
 
AkFordfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Posts: 860
Default

Whats everyone doing this saturday?
AkFordfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com