Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: new crawler in Gilbert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default new crawler in Gilbert

Hey everyone,

Glad to see that there are some locals here on this site. I am in the early stages of my first build. Will give a rundaown of progress so far.

Started with a 1:8 scale truck roll cage that I got on ebay for $ 1.42. Have done some massive hacking to it and hve bent all of the new rod to fit it. It is constructed out of solid rod and I hope to start the brasing soon.

I have aquired two bilitt aluminum Hardcore Racing complete diff's from a guy in Glendale off ebay, and have begin some fab work to create solid axle tubes out of 3/4 aluminum tube and 1/4 aluminum plate. They should look somewhat like youngblood's posted in the rock crusher 40 picture thread of tires and wheels section.I am wating on a set of cvd's and steering knuckles inorder to continue.

I also have 40 series proline cheyenne narrow beadlocks and 6 1/4" shocks. I also have some 1/4 alluminum rod for the links. I am unsure as to if I will use plastic or alluminum rod ends though.

I have a 3" x 5" piece of derlin that I was thinking of using for a bottom plate. I have enough room for a 5" x 7" bottom plate but I tink that may be too big. I want to keep all of my elect. and driveline low so as to keep the center of gravity low. What does anyone think?

Speaking of tran's; I was planing on getting a RC4wd heavy duty R2. Anyone running this? Also would I be better to run the dual motor trans that they sell since my rig will be big and probably heavy?

This may be a stupid question but, on a two motor system can both be run in the same direction at the same time?

Thanks so much for reading and any information would be helpfull.

Also, I would love to come to one of your gatherings to see some up close. Only thing is, wife has to take me due to some vision problems I am unable to drive anymore, and we all know how much wives love to take us places they dont want to go. lol!!!
cruiserkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i too am in gilbert.

and yes you can run both motors in the same direction.if they run different thentry switching the wires on one of them.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote