Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: New here...Anyone around Goodyear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #1

Default New here...Anyone around Goodyear

I just got back into Rc trucks after getting out of racing 15 years ago. I decided that rock crawling has more of what i like in Rc's....it is slower for one...hey I am 45 not as quick with the hands as I was at 25...and it is more technical driving.
I picked up the Irock 2.2 for now....yes it is an Integy and I know it is not as rugged as a more expensive unit but for now I wanted to see how well I like this end of the Rc trucks and this was a great way to get into it rather quickly.
I will build another crawler shortly as I can see this isa great side of the hobby.
Anyway i am not as interested in comps...I did that with 1/10 scale offroad stadium trucks for years....I have had enough of races/comps.
But I would like to get out with other people for fun and friendly crawling. Playing by yourself is only so much fun...and my wife goes with me but hey....she just patronizes me out of sympathy sometimes I think.
I know some great spots behind Pleasant...been 4x4ing back there for a couple years prospecting until I gave that up....too much like work and there are some crazies when you get way back....but there are some kicking dry creek beds back up there.
scott
azscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Welcome! Are you the same azscot on AZVJC? We have a few guys on here from there(me).
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #3

Default I don't think so...

I don't recognize the AZVJC acronym so i don't think it is me....which forum is that.?
scott
Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

AZ Virtual Jeep Club that is.

Eitherway, welcome!
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #5

Default Ahhh..

Nope not me....I have a Pathfinder.... am on that forum under the same name. I loose track of forums with all the hobbies.
Anyway..nice to be here.
scott
Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #6

welcome ! Hey 2JSC I'm 8upXJ on AZVJC
azscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default Around Goodyear

I am out in Waddell. I participate with the P.A.R.C. group. We hold comps and GTG's (get togethers). The comps are real laid back, but still comps. http://www.azparc.com/ This is the website to our club. You can see where we crawl. We usually have the GTG's at the same locaitons. We are always looking for new locations, so any information on new locations would be great. You should come out to the next comp and see what we are all about. Maybe some of us in the west valley can head to the lake and see your spot.
Kevin
kdubb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just bought the Losi MRC this past weekend... I'm out in Surprise, might have to check out the parc gtg next go around.

I'm not really big into trying to compete, but crawling around with others does sound fun. I'm sure there's a lot of spots out near the White Tanks for us West Valley guys.

Jason
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I'm out in waddell/surprise off of peoria and reems.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I'm out in Laveen, 51st Ave & Baseline. Currently I drive a 1.9 mini. Haven't looked around for any nearby crawling spots, but I'm sure there are a lot. I might start looking around for nearby rocks.

I enjoy the PARC comps, they are pretty laid back. All the guys out there are easygoing, and out there to have fun. The GTG's (get togethers) are even more laid back. I learn a lot every time I get with the group, it's worth checking out the group.

Rich C.
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote