Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Fointain Hill Park Closed to Crawling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Fointain Hill Park Closed to Crawling?

A freind of mine went over there on Saturday and an unfriendly elderly lady whose yard neighbors the hill yelled at them for being there. She said that people had already been ticketed by police. Also they said that the park has signs that has "DO NOT DO THIS & NONE OF THAT" and it included anything RC.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea if the park is closed to us for sure?

Also...is the hill a part of the park?
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

yes i had it happen to me also all because someone was up there at 11 pm one night when confronted by the neighbors he cussed them out and since then the neighbors ain't so friendly i just happened to go out a couple days after the event and took a earful from them they threatened to call the cops on me but i didn't stick around to find out from what i see i do not think the hill is part of the park but evidently it is this was a week or two after the last comp they seem to think that we all are staring in their windows while we are there just cuz there house backs up to the hill they think that they own it
joe daigle jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
A freind of mine went over there on Saturday and an unfriendly elderly lady whose yard neighbors the hill yelled at them for being there. She said that people had already been ticketed by police. Also they said that the park has signs that has "DO NOT DO THIS & NONE OF THAT" and it included anything RC.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea if the park is closed to us for sure?

Also...is the hill a part of the park?
Azvader is checking into this spot, but it sounds kinda bad for this place now.
This shows it only takes one to screw up everything for all of us.
-Rick
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I just called a friend of mine from Gilbert police. He said we have no worries as long as the park rules allow us. He also said that alot is determined on if the park includes the land where the hill is. If not, police have little they can do because it would most likely be a developers land or something in which that person would have to be contacted and no trespassing signs put up.

He also doubts anyone was ticketed because if they were there would have to be signs.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

Im sad to report that in the south end of the park near the school fence there is a sign..like most all mesa parks that clearly state "no remote control vehicles"..I believe this was to stop fast RC vehicles and air controlled vehicles from causing injury..if indeed the hill is not part of the park we are safe..good luck Mike on finding out..I wonder if we could get a permit to
crawl??...
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'm pretty sure its just some old bag with nothing better to do than to bitch and make peoples life as miserable as she is. This is bullsh!t we are running out of places to crawl!!!!

Last edited by SMOKEY; 11-09-2009 at 08:58 PM.
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #7
Mic
Rock Crawler

Is this FALCON Hill or "Fointain Hill"
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
Is this FALCON Hill or "Fointain Hill"
Sorry...yes it is Falcon Hill. I was mad when I started typing and didn't catch myself.

I have another contact in the Mesa parks dept. that is going to try to look into it for me. It may take a while.

The secret lies on the fact of the park property lines and if the hill is part of it.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Well, looking at Bing Maps (Windows Live)...it labels the park grounds as being West of the hill and not including any part of the hill. Switching between road & aerial...you can see the boundries.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=33....2&lvl=18&sty=r

On further examination looking at the Maricopa County parcel maps, the park and hill have two different parcel designations. The park & school are also shown as an annexed portion, whereas the hill area is shown as part of the Falcon Hill subdivision.

Almost looks as though it may be controlled by the HOA of said subdivision??

Last edited by Offroader5; 11-10-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
DOOH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
Well, looking at Bing Maps (Windows Live)...it labels the park grounds as being West of the hill and not including any part of the hill. Switching between road & aerial...you can see the boundries.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=33....2&lvl=18&sty=r

On further examination looking at the Maricopa County parcel maps, the park and hill have two different parcel designations. The park & school are also shown as an annexed portion, whereas the hill area is shown as part of the Falcon Hill subdivision.

Almost looks as though it may be controlled by the HOA of said subdivision??
If that is true then the spot is for sure doomed as it's the same HOA that was involved with the closing of the air field and it was on the other side of the canal.. A worker of mine lives in that sub division, he has heard the rumbling and complaints of people (not always crawlers) on the hill..
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHead View Post
If that is true then the spot is for sure doomed as it's the same HOA that was involved with the closing of the air field and it was on the other side of the canal.. A worker of mine lives in that sub division, he has heard the rumbling and complaints of people (not always crawlers) on the hill..
probably talking about crackheads.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

we'll just have to burn there houses down and all will be good And god forbid one of those houses do burn down it was not me..
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Default Falcon Hill is OUT

I've been communicating with the City of Mesa P&R and as of now the hill IS part of the park and remote controlled cars are off limits. I still have to hear from one last guy but it dosen't look good.

I will try to file for a special event permit but that means it will cost us to play there. I'm also filing a petition to have the park made into a Special Use park for RC Crawling but that doesn't look good either. I'll post more info as I get it.
azvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #14
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by azvader View Post
I've been communicating with the City of Mesa P&R and as of now the hill IS part of the park and remote controlled cars are off limits. I still have to hear from one last guy but it dosen't look good.

I will try to file for a special event permit but that means it will cost us to play there. I'm also filing a petition to have the park made into a Special Use park for RC Crawling but that doesn't look good either. I'll post more info as I get it.
I'd be interested in seeing the citys proof that it's part of the park. Everything I have seen in terms of maps and even the parcel information on the Maricopa county website shows that it is not part of the park and grouped in terms of zoning as part of the subdivision plat.

I think they may just see it as easier to go along with the homeowners of the area rather than go against them. After all....that's why the sign is even at the park to begin with.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

the hill is a tract of that subdivision but it's owned by the city.
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #16
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol' gravy leg View Post
the hill is a tract of that subdivision but it's owned by the city.
True that the city holds the deed...but if it's not actually part of the park, then the sign at the park does not apply to the hill. If City of Mesa wants to put up a sign at the base of the hill spelling out the limitations of use for the hill iteself...then they can. They could even put up no trespassing signs if they feel the need...are they there now? They could even annex the hill area into the park and it would be covered under the same rules...but again, it does not look to be that way now.

I'm sure there are alot of things the city COULD do...but none of it is done right now. I can almost guarantee though that the city would side with the homeowners for any further action....so, it's probably not even worth it.

One thing I've learned in my 1:1 crawling is that trails/areas are considered open unless otherwise posted. I realize this is a bit different situation, but the idea is the same. As part of the OHV community, I've been to land use meetings with many others trying to defend the "open unless closed" way of trail management when the govt would rather have it the other way around because it's easier on them.

I suppose it's easier to just find another place to crawl...
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

if we cant go up there and crawl, then maybe we should go up there and drink booze and smoke some stuff out of home made bongs.

ill bring the foil
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Has anyone actually been sited or warned by police? or is it all he said she said about the rules / laws / and postings. Aren't you innocent until proven guilty?

Would it be a good idea for someone to go up there without a crawler, walk around a bunch, record any altercations with neighbors on tape, and peacefully wait for the cops to be called. (in park hours) Let the police dictate what is right and wrong.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
Has anyone actually been sited or warned by police? or is it all he said she said about the rules / laws / and postings. Aren't you innocent until proven guilty?

Would it be a good idea for someone to go up there without a crawler, walk around a bunch, record any altercations with neighbors on tape, and peacefully wait for the cops to be called. (in park hours) Let the police dictate what is right and wrong.
I've never been to this area, so this is how I see it.

If someone like myself were to see this hill on a map and want to go crawl there I would go on map sites and check the area out. By looking on a couple different map sites and Maricopa's own parcel maps...I would head down there knowing that it was adjacent to the park and seemed to be open to the public. Once I arrived and saw any kind of signage that said no RC stuff allowed in the park...I would then say to myself "well the hill is not in the park based on the information I have readily available to me as a citizen". I'd go ahead and crawl there so long as there were no other tresspassing signage or the like for the hill.

If neighbors want to yell at me for being up there, let them do something about it. Are they saying I can be up there standing around, so long as I am not running an RC vehicle? If they feel I am there unlawfully, let them call the cops. If and when the cops show, if they ask you to leave and can give a decent reason other than "so this lady stops calling us"...then do so.

What's the worse that can happen...the cops show to tell you to leave?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

well the lady that was chewin my ass was the second house over and their biggest beef was the drunk dude at 11:00pm cussing them out that reallyu spurred them to start calling the cops i believe the b***** was tryin to keep me there until the cops came cuz she kept repeating herself over and over even though i wasen't the guy from the two nights prior they claim the police are behind them in this matter but like i said earlier i didn't stick around to find out if the cops showed i believe it was the guy that lives across the street from the park
joe daigle jr is offline   Reply With Quote