Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: What's everybody up to?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default What's everybody up to?

Hey, what's up? I met up with a bunch of you guys last year, but haven't seen anybody since. Adam has been busy lately, and since he was my ride, that has left me high and dry. I never got to show off my Cherokee body to you guys, and my Pitbulls aren't even worn in.

I see you guys had a camp and crawl recently. Sorry I missed that. I went back to Watson lake with the wife. I was disappointed, it wasn't as cool as I remember.

I'm anxiously awaiting my Vaterra Ascender, and hope to get out more in the future. I think I have Adam convinced to get out more. We want to check out Mini Moab, and Badlands, but figure it would good to have a tour guide.
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What's everybody up to?

Why don't you guys come out to one of the scale comps? The first comp is Sunday the 28th @ New Papago.
Check out the schedule for dates and locations on here or follow the ASTR FB link in my signature.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:42 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
Why don't you guys come out to one of the scale comps? The first comp is Sunday the 28th @ New Papago.
Check out the schedule for dates and locations on here or follow the ASTR FB link in my signature.
New Papago is closer to our side of town than some of the other places you guys go. We might just have to make that happen!
Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #4

Tell Adam not to be such a ginger beeotch! Can't call yourself an "rc nut job" and never man up and come to one of our gatherings. He should be done mourning the dissapearance of his boy Catlover by now!
pwillis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Find us a comp location on your side of town and we can make it happen...I've been asking for years!
Hope you guys can make it out.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwillis52 View Post
Tell Adam not to be such a ginger beeotch! Can't call yourself an "rc nut job" and never man up and come to one of our gatherings. He should be done mourning the dissapearance of his boy Catlover by now!
Hmmm, we did stop going out about the time Matt disappeared, that does look suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1
Find us a comp location on your side of town and we can make it happen...I've been asking for years!
Hope you guys can make it out
We've actually been looking, there's just not much out here. There's this spot off of Watson rd that is ok, but not worth dragging you guys out, and you need an off road vehicle to get there. The White Tanks park is again just ok, but you have to pay to get in, and it's way too touristy. We've been studying Google maps looking for a good spot, but we've come to the conclusion that all the cool stuff is on your guys' of town.

To this point the 9 tables area of South Mountain has been our favorite spot, but every time we go out there everything is closed, and we got kicked out by a ranger last time we were there.

Has anybody tried he trail at the top of the mountain by Dobbins lookout? That was pretty sweet, we want to go back there.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
RCC Addict

9 tables is the only place I thought we had the "okay" to be at. There are all kinds of cool spots in south mountain.

Last time we tried to go to our bash spot in red mountain park a ranger told us they are now enforcing the ban on RCs in city parks thanks to someone crashing a heli into a crowd of people.

Either way, it's getting harder to find new spots without traveling further or risk getting busted in places we aren't supposed to be.
We need a friendly ear in the city parks somewhere to have them set aside somewhere that is rc friendly and worthy of us being there.
We did leave a location open in the schedule just for the occasion that we find a west side spot.

Oh, and yes, east valley rules ;)

Sent from the can using Tapatalk

Last edited by Big Daddy; 09-20-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

wow, I really feel fortunate up here.
I have the city willing to helps us build and area in 1 of 2 parks but don't have other r/c addicts to make it happen.
the drive up from the valley isn't that bad actually.

have any of you ever heard of the estrella mtn bike, competitive track in estrella park.
you acces it just west of the entrance to Phoenix Int Raceway and go back to base of mtns.
big area to park and a lot of undulating terrain.
nobody ever goes there except when the mbaa has a series race there in feb.
if interested I can provide more details.
db
BoulderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
9 tables is the only place I thought we had the "okay" to be at. There are all kinds of cool spots in south mountain.
I'm sorry my wording was not clear. We weren't in the 9 tables area when we got kicked out. That area was closed because of rains. We were on a trail at the base of the mountain, when you first enter the park. We had a break, went back to make repairs, and as we were driving through the parking lot, the ranger stopped and said, "no RC cars in the park. " We told him our usual area in back was closed and where could we go, and suggested a flat dirt area on the other side of the of the mountain. He obviously had no clue what rock crawlers are about, so we left.

I believe we're fine as long as we stay the back of the park, and not up front. It's also probably a good idea to pick our RCs up and walk them through the parking lot. So as not to attract attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderDan
have any of you ever heard of the estrella mtn bike, competitive track in estrella park.
you acces it just west of the entrance to Phoenix Int Raceway and go back to base of mtns.
big area to park and a lot of undulating terrain.
nobody ever goes there except when the mbaa has a series race there in feb.
if interested I can provide more details.
db
That does sound interesting. Maybe you could send me link on Google maps or something
Old 09-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

try this
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33.3...m3!4m2!1m0!1m0
Old 09-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderDan View Post
BTW....you can't get back there if PIR is have a big race.
there is a NASCAR race coming up soon so you won't
be allowed back there.
I think race is in week or 2, check newspaper, nascar site, etc for schedule
db
Old 09-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

wondered if anybody has been to the estrella mtn bike track yet to see if it will work, I think it might.
Nascar race isn't until early Nov.,
input welcome.