Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New guy on the block.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #1

Default New guy on the block.

Hi guys. I have been around RC as long as I can remember but, never liked the monster truck thing. Now we have these crawlers and I am hooked. Dont even have a truck yet. LOL. Love how they look like trucks you can drive on the street.

Anyway, I traded a Rex 450 (heli) for an AX-10. It should be here next week somtime. So now I have the truck out of the way, I needed to work out the details of building a chasis. I am a a welder,fab guy by day so working with this stuff is right up my alley, so to speak.

I made a little bender and started bending up 1/4 wire. The corners came out great but, it weighed a ton !!

A buddy gave me a piece of 1/4 in brake line. I made a bender today and tried it out. Its not a perfect bend but I dont think it will be too noticable once its all together. What do you think?

I have tried tigging the cage with normal welding rod. Doesnt look right and pretty hard to get where I need it with out blowing a hole in the tube.

The I tigged it with some thick brass rod. Nice but a little too thick of a joint. Then I welded it with the brass rod and a torch. Better but I need to make a notcher to get clean joints and a little thinner rod so I dont have too much build up.

Am I close to how these things are built?

Thanks
DK

Edit: How do I post pics?
Rototiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
Debunking old stereotypes

To post pic's, you'll need to use a host like Photbucket, or others. Or, you can upload pic's directly if you become a supporting member of RCC
Supporting membership info here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/annou...t.php?f=73&a=1
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote