Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: professional opinion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #1

Post professional opinion

hey guys. im fairly new to rock crawling and i figured that this axial kit was a great way to get started, but i dont have ANY electronics to salvage like everyone else here lol. i did find this kit on ebay that sold the axial kit and all necessary electronics and i was wondering what you guys thought about it. Thankz. Rock On

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axial-AX10-Scorp...QQcmdZViewItem
rudy5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Nothing special at all, and if you like what you're getting into, you'll be replacing everything but the motor.

Soon, Axial will have a RTR truck, but some vendors here have RTR kits too.

For instance: http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Axial-AX1...g-p-16671.html
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #3

It seems like a good deal,but there rating is a little low. try some of the vendors here who also have artr packages. I got mine from CKRC crawlers (www,ckrccrawlers.com) King bling has treated me to great service. Plus the vendors hang out here alot.I thinkl you will be safer and happier with one the vendors here.Good luck!
mattman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #4

hey mattman what package did u get?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
RCC Paint & Graphics

I agree, try one of the vendors here. I will be receiving my ax10 stage3 ultimate kit from CKRC crawlers this week . I have had no problems with them, and if you have any questions, they usually respond very quickly.
Rockthrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #6

Im thinking that sinc ei wont be compteing or anything with this truck that i can just go with the stage1? whats your opinion on that. Im also pressed for money and i have to ok this with the parents GAY!..I just dont know why i cant spend my own money. Im 18 i mean come on!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #7

Cool

I got the stage 1,it had the tazer and a 45 or 55 lathe motor,radio.I got the 55. It worked great for backyard bashing.I will warn you though,it has addictive qualities.I've put alot of money in Jakes (ckrc owner) retirement fund.You always want a little more flex or durability.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman23 View Post
I got the stage 1,it had the tazer and a 45 or 55 lathe motor,radio.I got the 55. It worked great for backyard bashing.I will warn you though,it has addictive qualities.I've put alot of money in Jakes (ckrc owner) retirement fund.You always want a little more flex or durability.

Well, get ready to spend more cause your going to hate that Tazer esc. Reverse delay is horrible. I just ditched mine for a mamba max.
Flatcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #9

haha yeah ill probly end up spending more money on it. The ESC i will probly end up throwing out the window b/c im so mad. For now i think the stage1 will be good so i can create the illusion with my parents that im spending less. Then when i get cash ill go to my LHS(like 30 mins away) and buy stuff with cash. Ill be rocking soon. Whats the hardest part of the build?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #10

yeah I just got the mamba max too,I'm waiting on the special gold bullets for the motor. It's taking me awhile to get used to all the new rc stuff,I've been out of it for a long time.