Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: upgrade questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default upgrade questions

I have the stock shocks and traxxas big bores. I also have 4 of the 30 degree bent lower links. I have to get the tcs crawlers upgraded skid plate for my ax10 so that i will be able to use the 30 degree links ( not enough clearance between shock end and link). When i order the skid, i think i will order the tcs aluminum axle plate/battery mounts and get a 6 cell, 2/3 size split pack. In addition, i am considering the front and/or rear 3 link to 4 link servo plate and boomerang thing.

-so my questions are:
1. Should i get the tcs 4 link conversion mounts or should i get the rcp ones, none at all? comments from owners of these parts would be appreciated.
2. If i get the 4 link conversions or not, with the parts that i will definetaly get and the shocks i own+the stock stuff, what set up do you reccommend?

Thanks a lot people
person123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Name:  004.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  75.5 KB

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  82.7 KB

Can't really advise you on the shocks but i have all the TCS products you mentioned and they all fit and function perfectly
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

sweet man! Thanks.

do you get reasonable run times with the 2/3 cells ( im using the stock battery position with a sub c 3600 ib sport pack)
Old 02-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

any suggestions or opinions from other peoples?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I can run my truck for more than an hour on the 7 cell split pack from TCS. and when did they put hte TCS stamp on the Rear boomerang 4 link? mine doesn't have it and I got mine a month ago. I have also have the tcs front 4 link and i love it. it allows more angle options than the 3-link. Like I've said before, I enjoy trying different geometry to see what works best for me. all a matter of opinion. one of the best purchased upgrades I bought was the rcp straight axle and knuckles and c-hubs. gave the truck a much more solid feel. the msd top guns were the icing on the case as far as firming things up...
TRA3905 is offline   Reply With Quote