Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax10 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesac View Post
dude, flip your electronics over and mount them under the plate if you can... the lower the better on that thing.

I am in the process of doing that right now.
skate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Here are some pics form yesterday.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:58 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Well today I did a droop setup with the Integy shocks. I have yet to test it out. I all ready do not like how low it put my COG. It is under 2in.

List of parts.
Integy MSR 10 shock
Losi mini t medium springs up front
losi mini t firm springs rear
30wt oil all around

any feedback would be helpfull.

Last edited by skate; 03-22-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

has any one doen a 50/50 set up with the integy shocks and mini t springs?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

well I am back from along time off of rc crawling. I am going to rebuild my rig. I have been out of the game for 2 years now, what should I do to my rig now?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

VP dig, lipo, 35t motor, losi shocks or big bores thats just to name a few its just all about how you want your rig to be setup, if your thinking about dig id go with the VP dig or i hear the eritex dig is sweet too, a nice hand wound motor will increase your torque and get your self some 3s lipos and you wont go back, eventually you can get a higher torque servo and a bec possibly a new chassis and move all your electronics on the axles or links, just have fun with it and tinker until it suits your needs
liverkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #27

Default Droop on an Axial

If you are looking to comp, you're going the wrong direction with the shock set up! I've tried it and it will not work! Too low. I have those shocks on my tuber and love them!! Maybee put some limiters inside to keep the shocks from going fully sprung? Whats cool about this hobby is all of the fine tuning you have to do to get your rig perfect! Good Luck!
gernade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernade View Post
If you are looking to comp, you're going the wrong direction with the shock set up! I've tried it and it will not work! Too low. I have those shocks on my tuber and love them!! Maybee put some limiters inside to keep the shocks from going fully sprung? Whats cool about this hobby is all of the fine tuning you have to do to get your rig perfect! Good Luck!

As much as that CAN be true I have to say it has its advantages... it depends on the terrain and you MUST limit your articulation for it to work. Its more difficult to tune but when you get it right droop can be very handy.
Col. Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

i am over the droop set up. I am probably going to buy the losi shocks.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate View Post
i am over the droop set up. I am probably going to buy the losi shocks.
Try a partial droop setup. It is the best of droop and sprung in one. Basically it goes like this:
You have a small internal spring (pen... TCS sells some internal springs for cheap) underneath your piston and that pulls the suspension "down." Then you have your regular springs on the outside. So what happens is when your car is "sitting" the shock are partly compressed giving you the lower ride height that we all love but... when the tires are in the air they can still "droop down." Just make sure still that you don't have a ton of articulation, I think the 4" shocks should be a good idea for your car

Also change the stock skid plate out to a Delrin one... the stock skid grinds over rocks and gets you hung up way to much
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Try a partial droop setup. It is the best of droop and sprung in one. Basically it goes like this:
You have a small internal spring (pen... TCS sells some internal springs for cheap) underneath your piston and that pulls the suspension "down." Then you have your regular springs on the outside. So what happens is when your car is "sitting" the shock are partly compressed giving you the lower ride height that we all love but... when the tires are in the air they can still "droop down." Just make sure still that you don't have a ton of articulation, I think the 4" shocks should be a good idea for your car

Also change the stock skid plate out to a Delrin one... the stock skid grinds over rocks and gets you hung up way to much
Great info i've been scratching my head bald trying to figure that out! Don't like the way the stock shocks are fully extended
401jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate View Post

your gunna flip over on every rock bro
firefighter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Maybe make some 4 link electronics plates out of lexan or aluminum might help with the spagetti bowl issue you have there and I thought you always mounted your 4 link bars under the plates ?? I like the body
cr500rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

So I am making some 4 link plates right now to move my electronics. Where should I move the battery to?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

should I keep the battery up front or move it back to the stock location?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Battery on the front axle! Do a bta steering setup if you can, and make a lexan plate to ziptie on your front upper links to mount your electronics to.

Also get some 3 cell Lipos around 1300mah to go on the front axle. Its the bees knees.

Last edited by 92LILREDYJ; 05-21-2010 at 02:40 PM.
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Okay so we don't make you any more confused, here's what I say to do

Run springs *INSIDE AND OUTSIDE* the shock. In the "perfect world" I would run (for example)
1.5 LB outer springs, and say 1.0 or 1.5 lb inners, experimentation helps since no two people drive the same < and run say 40-50 wt shock oil (I run 30 wt with the shock stocks on red springs and its way to soft in my book )

If you don't want to do that, here is what I am running with pretty good results (minus the shocks being an issue with popping caps but its my fault )
Cut some fuel tubing into 3/8" (about 8MM...) pieces, 3/shock. I run 2 "pieces" under the piston inside and one on the outside and it helps limit the over-articulation that the stock shocks can allow AND lets the car ride a tad lower which helps with the huge ride height

Move your electronics to the underside of the top plate if you can help it, also helps to protect them in the case of a roll over. If you can sell the Novak ESC, I never liked mine and a Sidewinder or mamba max or the holmes hobby's ESC is a lot better (I run a Mamba and it is light years ahead of the novak ) and try and keep the wires out of the spur gear, they like to eat wires up for lunch

Other than that, it is lookin good! If you need any help free feel to ask me, I am not an "expert" but there is a lot of simple, cheap, stuff you can do to improve the rig's performance
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

Default Re: ax10 build

So I have been out of the rc game for 2 years now and I am trying to get back into it. I want to get my ax 10 up and running. I have a list of things I want to do. My over all goal is to make it into a rock racer. I want to get rid of these crapy shocks. What ones should I replace them with? I want to get the wraith tube Chassis. What parts will I need for this. And what else do I need to do? I am not looking to spend a lot of money trying to keep it under $200.