Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Check it out my new AX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #1

Default Check it out my new AX10

show i got out of crawling for a few years. and i have been looking on ebay and everywhere. and finally came across a great truck, i think. but here she is. http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=377239 i am going to do a few things to it like lock out the front, rear, and the diff. new tires, of course a esc, and probaly paint the truck with a coast guard strip, since i am in the guard. and make it 4ws. but please give me info on what yall think.
dmicgrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I think I seen this one for sale before....
Your diff's are probably already locked. Bag the rear steer and consider adding "front dig" then go beat the hell out of it on some rocks.
Please do not display your crawler on any shelves!
Mr. Burpsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #3

so you dont think i should go with 4ws WHY is that? and i dont get the point of the dig and what it does. but it will not sit on a shelve only when i have to sleep.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmicgrif View Post
so you dont think i should go with 4ws WHY is that? and i dont get the point of the dig and what it does. but it will not sit on a shelve only when i have to sleep.
Dig alows you to disconect your rear driveling allowing only the front to work. Some setups lock the rear like a brake and others let it free wheel, allowing you to turn/piviot in a tighter axis than with all 4 wheels engaged.

4 wheel steer is cool for just bashing around but is not comp legal.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #5

can you use a dig in comps?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Yes
ElChupoCabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

hope that was you that bought it cuz it says sold!!
screaminsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Yes he bought it off of me lol. I would also go with a front dig (i am waiting on my VF dig right now, it looks sweet and from the videos I've watched it is awesome), I would also go with a Hitec MG5955tg servo for the front steer but the Tower pro works good. Thats how I ran it until I got my new truck which I have spent 1200 so far (thats why I sold that truck so I could spend more on my comp truck lol).

dmicgrif when I packaged it up tonight I took the tires off the rims to pack around the radio for added protection, I also packed it full of foam peanuts. I took the axles off but the rest of the truck is still together. I forgot to mention in the add it has the stage 2 mods, high clearance links and there was something else I forgot to add. I am sure you will be pleased with it. Pm me if you have any problems getting it back together, I think I took out 6 screws and put them back after I took the axles off so it shouldn't be too hard. I also included the factory manual so you can have a guide to look at if you need to know how something comes apart or goes back together. I put the antenna to the radio, the receiver and the screws from the beadlocks in the frame of the truck so make sure you dont throw those away.
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burpsalot View Post
I think I seen this one for sale before....
Your diff's are probably already locked. Bag the rear steer and consider adding "front dig" then go beat the hell out of it on some rocks.
Please do not display your crawler on any shelves!
My truck sits on the top of my computer desk until I run it or take it down to work on it. LOL so it comes off every day
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #10

sweet, i cant wait to get this truck. i have been out of the rc world for a few years but what is a good but still cheap ESC?
Old 03-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Nice looking truck. Look at the castle sidewinder, novak rooster crawler, and even a dutrax intellispeed. They would all do fine.
LST022752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I have the novak rooster crawler with mine and it has been running great!
GH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote