Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 Comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default AX10 Comp

Ive been wanting to get back into 2.2 comp trucks and i decided to build one again. I like building more than i like driving, and that usually kills my chances at being competitive. I build a truck and then mess with it all the time, and i can never learn my truck well enough to drive it consistently. The only time i ever did decent with a comp rig was when i had an old style Blue Meanie chassis and it was the same for a year straight. So this truck, im going to keep it how it is, minus little adjustments until it drives well and then drive it for a while. Then make a well rounded decision on wether or not it needs any drastic changes. I started with an AX10 kit and built it all stock except i really didnt like how the shocks give crazy flex and make the thing way tall. So i didnt even build the stock shocks and went right to old Kyosho shocks in the front and traxxas longs in the rear. I like how the ride height came out and the flex is about perfect. I dont really like the Axial wheels or tires, so i got some RPM wide offset claws and some M3 Mashers. I havent had it out yet, as i just built it and it doesnt have electronics yet.
I wanted to try and build a good comp rig evolving from an almost stock AX10. The only things that arent stock are the shocks, the Jato drivelines, and the wheels / tires. Otherwise, its right out of the box.

Electronics will be:
5955TG for steering
CC Sidewinder
Duralite voltage Reg.
8cell Elite 1500 for comps and 6cell Elite 4500 for bashing
Axiom 55t
TQ3 radio gear

I have a home brew dig setup idea stewing in my head, ive never built one before, but my idea should be strong and reliable, and fit in about an inch behind the trans.
Heres the Pics.

Im really digging how low it came out.

Also, i want some opinions on the body, i know its not pretty but it was free and was painted with the wrong kind of paint by some random lhs customer. So im planning on it flaking off, so it will most likely just get a coat of flat black and il cut out the windows. By my observation it fits within all the rules for a body, but if not, someone say something. I still have the Betty, i just dont like it much.

Dumptruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Nice rig . Make a build thread on the dig when you do it. The body is fine. I believe the comp body measurements are H 3.4" W 5" L 12.5". If I'm wrong someone correct me.

Last edited by Jeepkid; 03-20-2008 at 11:44 PM.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote