Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Decided to not build a wheely king

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #1

Default Decided to not build a wheely king

I ordered a wheely king a few days ago. After I place my order I actually started to work out the cost in my head to convert it to a crawler, and realized I would be better off putting together my own AX-10. I am trying to keep this project on the cheaper side just because race season is about here in Colorado and I have a Mugen to finish. And I am sure everyone knows that it is def. not cheap building a 1/8th scale buggy.
But I really thought the idea of building a crawler/trail vehicle seemed like a way I could keep myself occupied during the week. But I have the truck almost finished. I just have to mount the electronics and paint the stock body.
My gear:
AX10 which I will be doing a jeep body on. Not sure when.
Integy 45t. They were out of 55t at my LHS.
Spektrum radio
ZR590 steering.
Dynamite Tazer ESC15t.
Pics will be posted in a few days once I have painted the body.
drftfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Good idea. Yeah, once you add it up, the WK doesn't look so hot unless you already have one. I was going to get into racing truggy down at the local track this year, but when you add up the total cost, crawling is wayyy cheaper

good luck with your ax
cheesefart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

drft where do you race your 1/8th scale? RAT? Ive raced there a time or two. ncie track for sure. GL on your build, and sorry for sawying a bit off topic.
DanTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:15 AM   #4

Yeah i will be at rat this year. I ran just one race last year with a Duratrax Raze. This year I decided not to mess around and build a real car. Lol.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Good choice, I was too dumb to realize I should;ve just got a AX-10. Now I'm just working with what I have. With what I have in my WK now I saved a grand total of $20 versus getting a AX-10 and my WK is still not as capable. Another $150 and my WK should be up to par.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftfan View Post
Yeah i will be at rat this year. I ran just one race last year with a Duratrax Raze. This year I decided not to mess around and build a real car. Lol.
nice man, Ross runs a good race schedule there. GJ lost all nitro racing so we are nothing but electrics. Good luck this year hope all goes well with racing and your new crawler.
DanTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #7

Thanks Dan. Sorry to hear about your nitro situation.
I finished the truck last night. Well more like this morning at about 3am. I still have to paint the body. Which I completly messed up on the body mount holes. Oh well. I plan to either pick up a bronco body or jeep body this week.
I took it out next to my apartment where there is a small incline with some bigger rocks. I am impressed so far. Def. more fun than I thought it would be. I have been so used to speed....who thought going a mile and hour would be fun?