Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Upgrade Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Upgrade Questions

I have a stock scorpion and I have some questions before I upgrade.

1. I have 2 pairs of bent lower links but cant use them until I move the lower links inside the chassis. I was thinking of going with the TCS derlin skid, but I am hearing good things about homemade double triangulation skids. ----- Also, if I make my own double tri. skid, should I make the chassis skinnier, and how much? I dont want to make it so skinny that I would have to cut the chassis to make motor clearance, UNLESS IT WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE?

2. I have decided to get a 2/3 split 6 cell pack for the front axle. Should I do IB 1400 cells or Elite 1500 cells? I am more concerned with qualitiy over a little more runtime. I would do lipo but I dont have the mula:-(

Sorry for the LONG post, but I do appreciate your time
person123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

1)double triangulation is the best mod that i have done to my rig. better than rock claws, better than the r2d tranny, better than the 5955 tg servo, ect. Also, it was very inexpensive

2)i have already told you on several of your threads that those batteries are a waste of money, so.......

side note: dude, can you please pick a new name because person 123 is f**king stupid. you've spent enough time on here to come up with a name
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

does anyone know of a person that sells skids set up for double triangulation? If not, what is the most common design, material, thickness, etc. Yeah I know, use the search button; I have ok.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

1. Really depends on how much fabrication you want to do. Double triangulation is good stuff, but is tougher to set up (obviously). I don't see any reason you can't run the bent links in the stock configuration. You won't be able to narrow it much without cutting the chassis. Inboarding the links is pretty easy.

2. Both cells will serve you well, despite what mtnyote has to say. The elites carry their voltage a little longer, and are probably the better choice between the two. Both work well, and you'll be happy with either. That said, lipo rules.

Last edited by Mortimer Snerd; 03-27-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by person123 View Post
does anyone know of a person that sells skids set up for double triangulation? If not, what is the most common design, material, thickness, etc. Yeah I know, use the search button; I have ok.
cheap plastic cutting board cut out many diff skids
spyderzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
RCC Addict

yup x2 I have a 2 dollar cuttin board in mine as a skid... I haven't narrowed mine just the double tri and it was like mtnyote said the best mod done so far to mine... this weekend I will be narrowing mine and see how it does from there... I'm just doing little things till I get all my parts in to build a whole new rig...

The ax-10 can only go so far. But it's great for suckin in the new guys...... " oh hey man try this"... (well I drive the new one he drives my old one) and hooked! How do you think I got hooked... this shit's like crack once you get a little you can't get enough!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Check this out.

cheap new mod for stock ax-10 chassis
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
Yeah, that is where I first saw the double triangulation setup. I wish I could enlarge the pics because I like that skid the best. Are the link mounts on the skid separate or part of the skid (cant tell).

Thanks everyone
Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:

Yeah, that is where I first saw the double triangulation setup. I wish I could enlarge the pics because I like that skid the best. Are the link mounts on the skid separate or part of the skid (cant tell).

Thanks everyone
No the screw go though the chassis plate, though the skid and you mount the lower link to it. I personely have been running this mod for about 3 months now and it works awesome. The skid plate is made out of a 3/8" plastic cutting board, that you can buy at Walmart.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

could you please find me a larger piture, and a template because I really like that design! Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Figure it out yourself by studying pictures, like many others have in the past.

Or you could send your truck to someone so they can make and install the skid for you.
BigRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRocks View Post
Figure it out yourself by studying pictures, like many others have in the past.

Or you could send your truck to someone so they can make and install the skid for you.
I guess, I just need more specific dementions. And I will not send my truck anywhere
Old 03-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I guess, I just need more specific dementions. And I will not send my truck anywhere
dude... skids are really easy to make. pm me if you need me to send you one.
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #14
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
could you please find me a larger piture, and a template because I really like that design! Thanks
I did the same thing. here bigger pics

Yotachump's Ax10
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote