Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: driveshaft mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default driveshaft mod

well i put pede shafts in my axial with steel yokes and it solved the pop-off problem..only to create a new one. now my shafts pop apart at the male/female part of the two shafts. so what im doing right now is using trimmed male ends on the output and axle side with a cut female piece joining them together. this way i will have more of the two contacting each other and it shouldnt be able to pop out anymore..depending on how much the female piece moves i may have to glue or screw it to one of the male shafts on either side..ill let u guys know how it works out
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

try lowering your ride height. what do you have for belly clearance.
calcat430d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

right now im at 2.5-2.75"
Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You might need to lower the pinion angle on your rig. I have the same driveshaft setup and have never had them come apart. Ride hight is 2 5/8". When I was looking at your rig at the comp the pinion angle looked high. At least I think it was yours.

Also check to see if you ride hight is with the shocks fully extended or if they extend further when you pick the truck up. If they extend further when you pick the truck up you will need to install limiters in the shocks.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

depending on the length, splicing and lengthening your drive shaft is probably the best solution because you can make it ''doubled up'' and it'll resist twisting like a pretzle more.
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

yeah tony that was mine..my hot racing alum ends are shit so i got some traxxas plastic ones and they were a little longer so i actually ended up shorteing my lower links a little bit and using jato turnbuckles for uppers and i got the wheelbase shorter and pinion set a little better and now the shafts seem to be holding pretty good..but if i end up having a prob with it again ill have to splice them..i got new titanium lockers coming and a new motor as well so we'll see how it works at the next comp..hopefully my driving has improved by then!! lol
Old 04-03-2008, 03:12 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Default extend your shafts

use two male shafts your gonna have to cut one side shorter then get a female shaft and cut off where yokes usually goes then ca glue female shaft to shorter male shaft then problem solved.
csagaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

^^^yeah thats exactly what i said i was gonna do in my first post