Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: torque twist need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #1

Default torque twist need help

Need your help guys... I've already tried light and heavy oil, different springs, changed links geometry, rotated the tranny and still cant removed torque twist...

Btw here is my setup right now:
Mamba maxx
integy v10tt 50t motor with stock pinion
3500mah 25c lipo on stock battery tray

Thanks

karnaugh2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Step 1: Move your shocks as far outboard on the axles as you can.
Step 2: Limit the shocks so that the lower links are as close to flat as you can stand. You can get away with a little more ride height in the front than in the rear IMO.
Step 3: asymmetrical suspension geometry can be your friend. New TCS Parts for my Scorpion
Step 4:Get your battery off the chassis. I've had no luck getting any crawler to perform well with the battery on the chassis. Yes, I know you're running lipo, but you have a huge one, so that kinda negates the weight loss. Try mounting the battery on top of the front links, thats what I do.
Step 5: Mount everything on the chassis as low as possible.

Disclaimer: This is what has worked for me, It may or may not work for you. It's something to try if nothing else.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:21 AM   #3

Thanks bro.. Ill try these steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
Step 1: Move your shocks as far outboard on the axles as you can.
Step 2: Limit the shocks so that the lower links are as close to flat as you can stand. You can get away with a little more ride height in the front than in the rear IMO.
Step 3: asymmetrical suspension geometry can be your friend. New TCS Parts for my Scorpion
Step 4:Get your battery off the chassis. I've had no luck getting any crawler to perform well with the battery on the chassis. Yes, I know you're running lipo, but you have a huge one, so that kinda negates the weight loss. Try mounting the battery on top of the front links, thats what I do.
Step 5: Mount everything on the chassis as low as possible.

Disclaimer: This is what has worked for me, It may or may not work for you. It's something to try if nothing else.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I noticed that you're located in the Philippines. What city and where do you go rock crawl there?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I can't tell from the pictures how your is, but try adjusting the rear links to make your rear pinion point straight at the tranny, if not a little above it. When you push down on the rear of the truck, the drive shaft will actually bend upward and that seems to help with twist when climbing.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I was having a lot of problems with twisting with my set up. What I did to help, was I tried to get my upper links close to parrallel or even at an upward angle. So you need to mount them on the top of the four link plates, and like I said, maybe even with spacers.

That helped with me, so I thought I would share.
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #7

I made my upper links longer and that took care of it. Also, try adding an extra spring spacer to the left rear shock.
Jermsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

I used my stock straight lowers for my top links. You want your link seperation closer at the frame side and more seperation at the axle. These axial suspension geometry was fawked right out of the box. The closer in length from the uppers to lower links are the better and seperation and trianglulation the better it will work. Just gotta do the math and place the links as close to that as the frame will allow.
samota87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #9

Magalang Pampanga bro.. u know this place? well we just started this new scale and trying to compare it with 1/8 buggy and mt.. we have 1/8 track in magalang and soon we'll create one for crawling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
I noticed that you're located in the Philippines. What city and where do you go rock crawl there?
Old 04-06-2008, 05:33 AM   #10

After of 2 todays work with this kit. I just came out with the setup and I would say Im very happy with the results.

here is the two setup i used that contribute postive results:
20c size lipo and placed on top steering servo
shocks = 3k diff oil(70%) and 40wt(30%) front and rear

Thanks to all of your help guys.... video to follow
Old 04-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnaugh2005 View Post
Magalang Pampanga bro.. u know this place? well we just started this new scale and trying to compare it with 1/8 buggy and mt.. we have 1/8 track in magalang and soon we'll create one for crawling...

I probably rode through that place on a bus or van before, when I was in the Philippines 2 years ago. I stayed in Cainta and Antipolo with some of my relatives while I was there.

do you run nitro or brushless 1/8 buggies and MTs?

keep us updated and post lots of videos.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 AM   #12

I run nitro 1/8 buggy and MT. My nitro's are xb8, revo and crt .5(converting to electric)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
I probably rode through that place on a bus or van before, when I was in the Philippines 2 years ago. I stayed in Cainta and Antipolo with some of my relatives while I was there.

do you run nitro or brushless 1/8 buggies and MTs?

keep us updated and post lots of videos.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #13

After my tweaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7pvlL5A8u8
Old 04-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #14
RCC Addict

nice

nasan ba yung exact address nyo jan? babalik na ako sa pinas within a week or two. I'd like to check out the track there sometime and talk to you guys later.