Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Help with sizes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Help with sizes

i would like to build a tube buggy but i dont have a clue on what size to make it or trianglation ,and so on to do dose anyone have maybe some plans for one or could help my with sizes to make one ?
doug435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

its mostly trial and error ,with me at least im biulding one right now out of brake line just make sore that your links and skid plate can mount on the chassis your building just take time measurements and practice. what do you have at your disposal or use? mig/tig welder or braze?
breitenbach14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #3

i am going to braze the only problem that i have right now is i dont yet have me ax10 so i dont know the mesurements....
Old 04-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug435 View Post
i would like to build a tube buggy but i dont have a clue on what size to make it or trianglation ,and so on to do dose anyone have maybe some plans for one or could help my with sizes to make one ?
Im looking for some too...I will post them up for ya if I come across any myself.
Venomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #5

This probably isnt what you are looking for but some good pics in this link as I was searching for some came across this. Nice large detailed pics to get some ideas of and possibly some starting grounds!

Semi scale tube buggy

Ill try to keep you posted with more too as i find them. Think I might hit up harbor freight myself and just start playing around with some stuff.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #6

Hey Doug,

I know this isnt what you were looking for...but since we were kinda after the same sorta thing. Really cant go wrong with the price and what you get for this... http://www.tcscrawlers.com/TCS-Edge-...g-p-16788.html

Actually VERY nice and they have one in black too! Then we eliminate the headaches of sizing and buying tools to do it. The biggest for me is my time. This eliminates that huge amount of it that it would take to make one exact and right. But thought I would throw this out there too for ya!
Old 04-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #7

thanks man but i am broke i cant even affored the ax10 yet ... i cant seem to sell me blade cx to get some extra cash so ya lol it is goona take me awhile to get the cash but thats for that man i kinda like that one
Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

well im done with it =] but havent drilled out the skit plate holes yet i brazed it using a mapp gas oxygen torch combo from home depot by benzomatic but i suggest getting extra gas and yea pics with be up shorttly it really simple also
Old 04-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitenbach14 View Post
its mostly trial and error ,with me at least im biulding one right now out of brake line just make sore that your links and skid plate can mount on the chassis your building just take time measurements and practice. what do you have at your disposal or use? mig/tig welder or braze?
What size brake line did you go with for yours? I was looking at the brake lines at my work and picked up some 1/4" but it just still seems too weak even though it seemed stronger than the other sizes. So I am curious what your using and how its going for ya. Did you do alot of braces to strengthen it?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomos View Post
What size brake line did you go with for yours? I was looking at the brake lines at my work and picked up some 1/4" but it just still seems too weak even though it seemed stronger than the other sizes. So I am curious what your using and how its going for ya. Did you do alot of braces to strengthen it?
nope when its long like in 7 foot pieces it bends easily and when its to gether you can like stand on it if your joints are strong enough
i used 1/4 brake line and i used brass and flux

i only weight 96lbs but you can see how strong it is even when i cut half of it down

Last edited by breitenbach14; 04-30-2008 at 09:10 PM.