Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Droop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Droop

My first attempt at a real comp crawler, the chassis is an old chassis my friend got in a trade (thanks who ever made it, works great), 65t lathe, split pack, badlands w/ proline wheels. All the usual stuff, going to the ckrc practice comp on wed so i will see how it does, so far it has done all the stuff at my house that i have not been able to do in the past, and i know my links are not at the ideal angle but i am too lazy to cut them and rebend them so they are staying that way for a while. The colors are a little gay but hey they are different and i think it looks ok, would love to hear your opinions.

Luckymonkey00013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Not sure what droop has to do with this thread? - If your asking about how people like it, well I run full droop on my rig, and love it, but it doesnt work for all terrains, and all conditions or even for everyone, try it out and see how you like it.
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

if you look at the pics it is a droop setup, i just could not think of a title and there are not all that many droop rigs out there so the title fit
Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymonkey00013 View Post
if you look at the pics it is a droop setup, i just could not think of a title and there are not all that many droop rigs out there so the title fit
ahhh!!!! Damn county firewall! my bad, I didnt know it had pics in it. Normally it shows me a red X, but not now!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #5

I think its a very nice looking rig! The tire and wheel combo is definately killer in my opinion. What do you think of those tires? Going to keep them or swap them out? Im still running the stock lizards that come on the AX10 and hearing too many different tire choice opinions on here to decide what might be best for me! But definately like your setup!
Venomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Some pics from today, had the old betty body on there cus i had some pealing issues with the other paint also got a vid, sorry for the crappy quality but it is really hard to drive with one hand on a line like that.

And the video

Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #7

lookin good. where did u get all the ax10 parts. did u just happen to have a spare kit layin around?
xtremecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

It is a nice rig, now that I can see the pictures of it!... what type of droop are you running?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

the droop is just a custom chassis with the stock axial shocks with fuel tubing on the inside to limit the travel a bit, at some point i will hopefully put some internal springs in there. and the tires wok amazing so far but it needs way more wheel speed, going to be switching over to a 7 cell setup soon with a rooster crawler esc. thanks for the complements keep em coming
Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

In my rig, I'm running full droop right now, I might change to semi-droop, but I'll have to see. I love the rooster esc and it performs well, all though at RCX I wasnt getting the speed I wanted to, but I'll get more power and whatnot when I change to a 16t gear instead of the stock 14t.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymonkey00013 View Post
That looks like the Kayak Park in downtown Reno. I didn't think of checking there for crawling spots. I'll have to hit that.

Last edited by Philistine; 04-23-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Philistine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

That is because it is in downtown reno, it is wingfield park, there was a comp down there not to long ago so when ever i have some time off of school i usually go don there and play around, lots of good spots down there