Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Loud Clicking Noise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Loud Clicking Noise

I just put together my AX-10. It's stock.

When I drive it, it make loud clicking sound. It clicks porportional to speed, so it's got to be rotating parts. I took the motor away and the roll is all quiet. And the motor is fine. So I am stumped. I don't know what I can do. Appearly the pinion gear and the spur are making the noise. But how can I mount a motor differently?? No way. I am getting annoyed? ANyone have this problem before?
jayliu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2008, 02:29 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

MIne did also when I first put it together and it was from the motor be cocked side ways a little. Reinstalled the motor and everything was fine. MAke sure your mesh is right.
BMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayliu1984 View Post
I just put together my AX-10. It's stock.

When I drive it, it make loud clicking sound. It clicks porportional to speed, so it's got to be rotating parts. I took the motor away and the roll is all quiet. And the motor is fine. So I am stumped. I don't know what I can do. Appearly the pinion gear and the spur are making the noise. But how can I mount a motor differently?? No way. I am getting annoyed? ANyone have this problem before?
What motor is it?

If its the Novak 55.....the click will go away.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:35 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Mine did that also, I ended up moving the pinion a little further away from the motor
allgm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yes mine was a pinion problem to!
crawlbe4youwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #6
RCC Addict

It's usualy the pinion gear. On a brushed motor, you have to push it all the way in on tha motor shaft.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #7

I Had the same problem, if you notice the spur gear is turning on top of the set screw of the pinion you either need to turn it around so the screw is close to the motor or side in or out so the set screw on the pinion clears the spur gear. Thats what i had came up with on the clicking noise. Also when you adjust the clearance between the pinion and the spur make sure not to adjust so tight, just a slight little movement is need between the two.

Eric
La_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Crawler View Post
I Had the same problem, if you notice the spur gear is turning on top of the set screw of the pinion you either need to turn it around so the screw is close to the motor or side in or out so the set screw on the pinion clears the spur gear. Thats what i had came up with on the clicking noise. Also when you adjust the clearance between the pinion and the spur make sure not to adjust so tight, just a slight little movement is need between the two.

Eric
Thx! never even thought of that. I added a spacer b/t the motor n the plateso the pinion can sit on the spur comfortablly. Glad i asked before the gear is stripped.
jayliu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote