Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial Stage 2 Competition Upgrade Kit (with Bent Links)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axial Stage 2 Competition Upgrade Kit (with Bent Links)

Does this kit from ckrc crawlers work well. the instructions are on your site so i assume that some of you have this kit. give me the bad and the good.
Georgerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default ckrc kit

i just bought it and its an absolutly great kit and btw if u flip the tranny it will reduce ur tourq twist.
hustlercrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #3

works great ,improves stability alot ,doesn't work to well with the vf dig though you have to raise the tranny
slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #4
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlercrawler View Post
btw if u flip the tranny it will reduce ur tourq twist.
NOT
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

flipping the tranny will not eliminate twist...as you still have the spin of the motor on the same plane u had it on befor
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

More specifically, the axle's input shaft pinion gear still climbs up the ring gear in the same direction.

My mirror image trick works a little it, but it's about weight distribution though.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgerm View Post
Does this kit from ckrc crawlers work well. the instructions are on your site so i assume that some of you have this kit. give me the bad and the good.
It works OK. The kit itself has cheap parts. For the same or less money you can build a nicer kit, or go with a four link. I was pretty happy with my truck when I had a similar setup installed, but I like the 4 link with triangulated lower links better.
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just finished making my own kit last night... Buy the one they sell... Talk about a pain in the ass making your own.

DIma
Flatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i am not really going to go to any comps so i just want something that can crawl well so this kit will do that.
Georgerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #10

Does anybody have the part numbers for the traxxas drive shafts and metal yokes? I think they are tra1951 for the driveshafts and tra4628x for the metal yokes. Thanks everyone.
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Its a good kit, I just dont recommend putting your lower links so far in like in the directions. For one, you get too much articulation and 2, you get way to much axle steer. Just my opinion. I bought this kit when it first came out and tried it. I have since out boarded the lower links at the axle side and limited the amount of articulation because it would get twisted up on itself if that makes sense to you. Just my $.02.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkscrawler View Post
Its a good kit, I just dont recommend putting your lower links so far in like in the directions. For one, you get too much articulation and 2, you get way to much axle steer. Just my opinion. I bought this kit when it first came out and tried it. I have since out boarded the lower links at the axle side and limited the amount of articulation because it would get twisted up on itself if that makes sense to you. Just my $.02.
I agree. I also moved mine back toward my shocks and its much better now.
prdquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Does anybody have the part numbers for the traxxas drive shafts and metal yokes? I think they are tra1951 for the driveshafts and tra4628x for the metal yokes. Thanks everyone.
It called Search, Try using it and not jacking someone elses thread!

Now, back to business.
spot me 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot me 2 View Post
It called Search, Try using it and not jacking someone elses thread!

Now, back to business.
Is this thread not about the ckrc stage 2 kit? Are these parts not required to do the ckrc stage 2 kit? Exactly.....if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything. All i was doing was asking a question and i didnt need someones dumbass reply.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Again is the kit even worth buying?
Yes the kit is worth buying if you cant source the hardware yourself thru either a local Hobby shop or local hardware store. It is very helpful to have the hardware it comes with when you are changing around your suspension to dial it in for you driving style and type of terrain.

Hope that helps.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Again is the kit even worth buying?
No its not! You can buy all the parts your self for less then half of what they are asking. Read this post before you waste your money.

Thank you CKRC Reno
RollinOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

This kit is a JOKE, i fell for it and was PISSED cause I could have went to my LHS and bought EVERYTHING for half the price.

I did notice someone mention the problem with moving the links in so far, mine works perfect, almost NO axle steer if any, but I didnt use the upper link from the kit, I used the stock set up, just added a spacer at the 3 link mount to re adjust the clocking on both front and rear.

As for shafts, just weight for the MIP kits to come out, traxxas might be better than stock, but they are still plastic in the same places and i ma yet to break a drive shaft on my comp rig. (Cant say so much for my heavy ass 2.2 Rubicon,lol, I replaced the rear just before it broke)

Man, save your money, go to your hobby shop and get the stuff yourself, you'll be happier
Mav-1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Is this thread not about the ckrc stage 2 kit? Are these parts not required to do the ckrc stage 2 kit? Exactly.....if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything. All i was doing was asking a question and i didnt need someones dumbass reply.
Easy junior! Put down your keyboard and no one will get hurt
Relax! I was just making a suggestion. Your a nubie. Nubs don't normally do a search first. That all, have a nice day:-P
Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot me 2 View Post
Easy junior! Put down your keyboard and no one will get hurt
Relax! I was just making a suggestion. Your a nubie. Nubs don't normally do a search first. That all, have a nice day:-P
I am far from a "nubie", i have been in this hobby for 12+ years mainly in offroad racing and have built many of the axial kits for others and this is the first for me, i have been doing alot of reading and want to give this it a try, i have all of the parts and was just verifying part numbers. Easy Junior?? you should take some of your own advice, if you treat a "nubie" like that do you really think he is going to be all jazzed up to go out and crawl with people who say stuff like that? i dont think so.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I'm not looking for a keyboard fight. Sorry that I affended you and that 2 out of your first 3 posts had to be directed at me. Welcome to the hobby Matt Trimmings.

And for the record. The kit is not worth the money. Like the others said. You can build it youself cheaper!

Last edited by spot me 2; 05-18-2008 at 10:42 PM.