Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: not sure what shocks to buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #1

Default not sure what shocks to buy

i new to the forum just got my ax10 i keep pulling off the stock shock caps . now i would like to invest some new shocks and not sure what would be the best shocks to get . also not sure if i should run droop setup or a sprung setup with internal or external springs .
harleyboy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Losi 4" Crawler Shocks.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I bought the T Maxx Shocks from RCP and they are great so far. Internal springs and set up in droop, like them a lot more...My son's popped caps a few times already..Maxx Shocks, Losi Shocks, pretty much whatever doesn't leak and is the correct length will be an upgrade!! Good Luck man...
dr.chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Losi 4" Crawler Shocks.
x2
blacktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

first you need to decide the setup your going to run, then mock it up for desired setup, and get some aluminum shocks to fit, you don't want to get a 4" shock and be low riding cause you needed 5" shocks
good luck and don't be afraid to try new things with your rig, if you don't like it you can always back up and start again with the knowledge of what you don't like
screaminsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:00 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up

Losi 4" Rock Crawler Shock Kit

Just a word of caution: These are not a direct replacement to the stock Axial shocks. You'll need some additional hardware and possibly perform some modifications in order to get them to fit. Use the search tool on the forums here for "Losi shocks" and you'll find a lot of info.

Browncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #7
RCC Addict

With the stock ax-10 chassis, a sprung setup usually works best. But, with limited travel, not the stock shock throws!

The stock shocks usually blow apart from having too much oil in them. Depending on the condition of the caps and bodies, you can try rebuilding them without as much oil and they should be fine. With the spring off, bleed out the oil until the shock will compress all the way and not have the shaft come back out when you let go.

Of course, if the threads are tattered, then it's time for new parts or new shocks! I like the Losi's (we sold a ton of them with great results).
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #8

thanks for the help i think iam going to go with the losi shocks seem to have the best reviews . i know it may be more difficult to mount but seem to work the best
harleyboy61 is offline   Reply With Quote