Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: What is the best straight axle conversion for the money?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What is the best straight axle conversion for the money?

I want to know what you guys think the best straight axle conversion is for the money?. I have always used the Lock-out links and this past weekend at Disney, the rock grip was so stong that when I used dig, It twisted one or the other rear wheel on my rig. A good straight axle kit will fix this, what are you using and how well does it work?
JBHardwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'm using the lockouts & SS straight axles from RCP - I've put them thru hell & have not had an issue. Don't know if their the best, but their good.
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i have the plastic straight axles and lockouts from axial. i have put them through a fair amount of abuse so far and they have actually held up better than i first expected from plastic. i paid only $28 for the plastic straight axles and lockouts. i plan to upgrade to aluminum straight axle if my plastic ones ever decide to break
dub599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

i also use the plastic axial ones and they work great. the aluminum ones are heavier then plastic and i didn't want that extra weight in the rear of my truck.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'm using the CKRC Low Profile Rear AX10 Straight Axle Kit. At $33, it's a great price considering the stainless steel shafts are included. Some other kits price the shafts separately, so watch for that if you're shopping around.
Browncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have run a couple different sets and have found that the best for me are the plastic axial and axial shafts. The aluminium will hang up if it hits the rock and the plastic slides off of the rock. The plastic are less expensive also. The stainless axle shafts tend to bend but I havnt broken on yet. I have never broken a axial axle shaft straight of jointed.
ZUKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote